Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

38 years ago...
Quote | Reply
I was a 22 year old kid out with a bunch of friends drinking way too much while they did their best to talk me out of getting married in the morning to a girl I had met 5 weeks earlier.

Tomorrow will be out 38th wedding anniversary.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: 38 years ago... [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations to both of you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cool story bro..
‘22 yrsd’ .. ‘drunk ‘....’5 weeks’... ?
Vegas odds would of been 10 000 to 1 you’d of lasted 1 year let alone 38!!! ..lol
Congratulations!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's something about early May and the '80s. About this time in 1987 I started working at a McD's. Met a girl with fucked up hair. Started dating second week of June. Living together before the end of July. Engaged at Labor Day.

We always celebrate now as our anniversary because it was pretty clear from the beginning that we worked well together.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am guessing that she did not know that you glowed in the dark. (smile and wink congrats)
Quote Reply
Re: 38 years ago... [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
I am guessing that she did not know that you glowed in the dark. (smile and wink congrats)

She had no idea the life she was about to embark on. I was in the Navy stationed in Ballston Spa in ELT school. We were working rotating shift work so we got off at 11:30 on the Saturday night and headed to a bar called Barkley's. It had a revolving door and when we went in there was a girl that was so drunk she could not find her way out of the door.

We went from E-4 to E-8 together over the next 20 years and had 17 different addresses and lived in 3 different countries.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wonder what the odds would be that you rented one of my sisters homes in Saratoga Springs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations Jack, and congratulations to the Mrs!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
congrats! How are you celebrating?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 38 years ago... [D.O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D.O. wrote:
Wonder what the odds would be that you rented one of my sisters homes in Saratoga Springs?

Me and my roommate rented from an old lady who had an upstairs apartment over by the harness track. We met at a bar called Barkley's that was in the old First National Bank of Saratoga. It still looked like a bank inside and was normally filled with Skiddy Kiddies on a Saturday night, which is why we were there. Little did I know...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please extend my congrats to your better half. I did my share of deployments so I can almost fully appreciate the team effort to keep it together. But your 90 day plus patrols with little to no communications makes it a requirement for a strong and independent partner holding down the fort. Nothing automatic there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome fucking story... Congrats!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!

38 years ago, I was 3 months away from being born :-).

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
gofigure wrote:

She had no idea the life she was about to embark on. I was in the Navy stationed in Ballston Spa in ELT school. We were working rotating shift work so we got off at 11:30 on the Saturday night and headed to a bar called Barkley's. It had a revolving door and when we went in there was a girl that was so drunk she could not find her way out of the door.

We went from E-4 to E-8 together over the next 20 years and had 17 different addresses and lived in 3 different countries.

That is fantastic Submariner Jack, and many more happy healthy years for the both of you.
I have a similar experience, got married as a E-3 and the first year of marriage I was gone six months.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations. I am finding the later years are better than the earlier years. More time to actually give a shit and communicate without all of the day to day stuff of raising a family and having a career. Plus more money to do the things we've always wanted to do but didn't have the time, money, or energy.

Here's to you and your wife on 38 years and many more.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: 38 years ago... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, met a girl in college in the fall of 84'. Went on a couple dates and then while sitting behind her dorm one evening I said we should get married.

Married May 24th, 1986, next week we will celebrate 35 years with a quick trip to Cancun.
Quote Reply
Re: 38 years ago... [SWEDE63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Met a gal in January 1990. She 19, I 20. Were married within the year. Still are.
Quote Reply