Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Congratulations Mississippi [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are welcome.
Quote Reply
Re: Congratulations Mississippi [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and yet--despite Her many flaws---the great State of Mississippi gave me the opportunity to serve my Country

I was totally jacked up in math/science and it nearly cost me expulsion my plebe year. MS State education is not that great.

but i recovered. Lasted and graduated

and formally I am a graduate of West Point from the State of Mississippi. (But it might as well read: also from Calif and Colo.)

So curse me or mock me or shame me. I'm merely relating the path i traveled.

take good care.

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread had nothing to do with cursing you, mocking you or shaming you. Rather it was about mocking the poor performance of states such as MS in their handling of COVID vaccination.

You chose to come in and mock another poster at which time you actually gave more evidence as to why MS deserves to be mocked. It is obvious why you may have soft spot for MS as it did grant you an opportunity that you made the most of. Just because of that, it should not be hard to point out the states shortcomings (nobody is perfect after all). Maybe the populace and leadership will get sick of being the bottom of the pile and try to make some changes. I mean, how hard can it be to be better than Louisiana after all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
contrarily This thread has devolved into a typical thread mocking Southern states. There are several threads now on this forum mocking southern states.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Congratulations Mississippi [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
PEI is the second lowest of all the States and Provinces so that looks bad for them until you realize they haven’t a single death from Covid.

Scroll down and look at the newer chart.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
and yet--despite Her many flaws---the great State of Mississippi gave me the opportunity to serve my Country

I was totally jacked up in math/science and it nearly cost me expulsion my plebe year. MS State education is not that great.

but i recovered. Lasted and graduated

and formally I am a graduate of West Point from the State of Mississippi. (But it might as well read: also from Calif and Colo.)

So curse me or mock me or shame me. I'm merely relating the path i traveled.

take good care.

This thread really wasn’t about Mississippi. If Vermont was the lowest state I would have mocked Vermont.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are also mocking Wyoming and Idaho. Those are not southern at all. location in the US is not the metric we are utilizing to direct our scorn. Try to keep up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ahhh thanks brother

hard for us old timers to keep up with the rolling scorn and invective here these days.

much appreciated.

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would not call it scorn or invective. For me it is more vast disappointment. I personally am watching this on a very localized version within my state. My job has me right in the middle of COVID vaccination and I see county by county rates for my state (a state that is doing better than average for the US, but not Vermont good...). Seeing the huge disparity in performance county to county is troubling. I also see the effort that some of the county public health teams (in my state they are the boots on the ground folks outside of health care organizations) are putting in and the total lack of effort that others are. This is why I call it disappointment. Some teams are doing a great job and reaching the local citizenry where they are and helping them understand with great results. Others are not. The citizenry is also a mixed bag. Some of the anecdotal stories are both amazing and disappointing. The data in the end is speaking for itself though.

This vaccine is free of charge (removes one major barrier) to all people residing in the United States (regardless of citizenship status). All the states have to do is get it out where the citizens can conveniently access it. The closer you get to the people and the more convenient you make it will improve the uptake. Education and other methods to help answer peoples questions and concerns is also helping.

You see it how you will though.
Quote Reply

Prev Next