Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Betting Odds: Biden [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Online gambling sites are basically just making a market between "buyers" and "sellers" and taking a cut. The "price" (odds) floats to reflect changes in buying and selling activity (not some detached assessment of the probability of an occurrence).

This was what I found interesting, there is enough of a market for people who dont think a healthy 78 year old can sit in a chair for 4 years.

Most gamblers are not going to do this because of the payout coming in 3+ years.
Quote Reply
Re: Betting Odds: Biden [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can pretty much bet on anything here. We had odds out on Biden not making it the day was inaugurated....I took the under on 2 years. They even had odds on the Trump impeachment hearing back when that was a thing....I cashed in on that...TWICE! I lost on Liz the other day though, and also on the George Floyd long shot a few weeks ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Betting Odds: Biden [Big John] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
We had odds out on Biden not making it the day was inaugurated....I took the under on 2 years.

What odds you were given? There is zero chance this was a 50-50 bet.
Quote Reply
Re: Betting Odds: Biden [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s just a straight up over/under...similar to a point total in sports betting. Yeah, it was kind of risky, but still feeling ok about...for now anyway!
Quote Reply
Re: Betting Odds: Biden [Big John] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big John wrote:
It’s just a straight up over/under...similar to a point total in sports betting. Yeah, it was kind of risky, but still feeling ok about...for now anyway!

Not that yours wasn’t, but not all over/unders are “straight up” (even money?) bets. One year and three years clearly would not have been even money, assuming two years was.
Quote Reply

Prev Next