Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weird HR when drinking
Quote | Reply
Ok guys and gals, I’ve got a weird one so don’t laugh.

When I’m running I always bring a water bottle with me but regardless of pace, heart rate, up/down hills, as soon as I take a quick sip my HR shoots up and throws my breathing out of whack.

It’s actually frustrating me to the point I’ve not taken any fluids with me on my last few runs. Has anyone any ideas what’s going on or any tips to get the hell over it haha.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Weird HR when drinking [irvs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
irvs wrote:
Ok guys and gals, I’ve got a weird one so don’t laugh.

When I’m running I always bring a water bottle with me but regardless of pace, heart rate, up/down hills, as soon as I take a quick sip my HR shoots up and throws my breathing out of whack.

It’s actually frustrating me to the point I’ve not taken any fluids with me on my last few runs. Has anyone any ideas what’s going on or any tips to get the hell over it haha.

Thanks.

You are ceasing to breathe which spikes your HR.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nose breathing, water into mouth while nose breathing, swallow inbetween nose breathing inhale/exhales

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was about to say my HR always elevates when I drink alcohol - beer especially. But I see your point :-). Agreed with above and would be interested if your HR doesn't regulate over time.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its because you stop breathing when you drink
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the trainer when I take a drink my HR goes down a few beats and then recovers. Power remains constant. Always thought it was something to do with the cold water.
Quote Reply