Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Canyon Grizl gravel bike
Quote | Reply
It's launched now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et7m1cQEs-U

Awesome to see some actual bikes in stock, at least here in Europe. It's triggering a real difficult case of the n+1 condition.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Grizl gravel bike [mart1n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guess not, video is private.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great pricing but not really a fan of the paint schemes.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Grizl gravel bike [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weird, the video is not up anymore. A guy from Canyon was giving an overview of the model. Anyways, here's the link:
https://www.canyon.com/en-ee/gravel-bikes/adventure/grizl/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mart1n wrote:

Awesome to see some actual bikes in stock, at least here in Europe. It's triggering a real difficult case of the n+1 condition.

It feels like we are evolving the mountain bike all over again. Maybe they can try a flat bar and a suspension next.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Grizl gravel bike [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:

It feels like we are evolving the mountain bike all over again. Maybe they can try a flat bar and a suspension next.

The suspension shark has already been jumped. (also the dropper post shark).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dang, I just bought a Specalized Diverge two months ago. These would of been really comparable.

I like the paint schemes and price is pretty comparable to my aluminum diverge. I would of got the same groupset and gone carbon fiber for an extra $200.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:

All companies are starting to go in this direction I feel. They are starting to split between all-road for the racers and then gravel/adventure for the other guys.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bring back the Girvin Flex Stem.

I kid. Or maybe I'm not kidding...
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Grizl gravel bike [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:
Bring back the Girvin Flex Stem.

I kid. Or maybe I'm not kidding...

https://redshiftsports.com/products/shockstop-suspension-stem
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mart1n wrote:

To quote Bike Radar:
"the Grizl looks like a Canyon Endurace that spent six months at the gym getting absolutely stacked".

I don't get it. Fat tubed bikes with fat tires.
I can see the appeal for the average customer, as they will look less 'stacked' on a 'fat' bike.
But in smaller sizes it comes with less main triangle space and other inconveniences.
Skinny frames with fat tires offer more options at similar stiffness.

Yeah, I am jaded. I'd look like a bean pole on these things.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Grizl gravel bike [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is the grizl.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: May 11, 21 12:30
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Grizl gravel bike [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello, which brand/model is this bike?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Grizl gravel bike [ppkestrel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ppkestrel wrote:
Hello, which brand/model is this bike?
Thanks

The one I posted was the Niner MCR RDO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bike comes with a 700c relatively narrow road wheels and 45mm gravel tires and I don’t get that. It’s a massive wheel diameter and they appear to designed the bike around this with the smallest two sizes going to 650B wheels to keep the proportions. What I want is a bike with all the same functionality but with a geometry designed around 45-50mm tires in 650B so it also handles well with 700 x 28 setup.

I am aware that people still swear by 29ers vs 27.5 wheels because they are bigger and have more rotational mass but I think this only applies to bikes with suspension. Loading wheels to change the ratio of sprung to unsprung mass can optimize the suspension system but I don’t see how this comes across to gravel bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Grizl gravel bike [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott8888 wrote:
The bike comes with a 700c relatively narrow road wheels and 45mm gravel tires and I don’t get that.

I see these rims are 24mm internal and 28mm external. What rims would you like to see? I was thinking they are sufficient to run a 40mm to 45mm gravel tire.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've ridden my gravel bike with 700x38, 700x32, and 650bx48. It handles great with all of these. I really don't think I buy that this bike, or really any bike with enough clearance, won't handle just fine with the range of tires you're looking for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I read it right, Canyon lengthened the wheelbase and shortened the stem to help accommodate larger tires without jacking handling. Evil did similar geo voodoo on the Chamois Hagar to avoid flop, but that bike leans towards more rough stuff than say a 3T Exploro. Believe that and Open and lots of other bikes will do what you’re looking for reasonably well.

Categorization is here for gravel bikes. I think more options based on intended use is a good thing.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Grizl gravel bike [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will order a Grizl as soon as they land again. I just sold my Giant TCX Advanced SL cross bike via Facebook and my Enve tubular cross wheels via The Pros Closet. I am still trying to sell my 26 inch 2013/14 Santa Cruz Blur XC, and replace both these bikes with that Canyon Grizl. Reason I wanted that over an Aspero and similar bikes is the option to go with 50mm tires and all the mounting options.

The Giant TCX would work passable as a gravel bike, but with no water bottle bosses it is too limiting.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Grizl gravel bike [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
I will order a Grizl as soon as they land again. I just sold my Giant TCX Advanced SL cross bike via Facebook and my Enve tubular cross wheels via The Pros Closet. I am still trying to sell my 26 inch 2013/14 Santa Cruz Blur XC, and replace both these bikes with that Canyon Grizl. Reason I wanted that over an Aspero and similar bikes is the option to go with 50mm tires and all the mounting options.

The Giant TCX would work passable as a gravel bike, but with no water bottle bosses it is too limiting.

Did you ever pick up Grizl? If so how do you like it?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Grizl gravel bike [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They were not available for a long time so I went and bought an Obed
Quote Reply