Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Changing saddle, what do I need to know?
Quote | Reply
So I went and got fit on my tri bike, fitter said I could try the stock saddle but it probably wouldn't work. It doesn't work for me(my dingus went numb), he said I could try the specialized power saddle that I already own next and if that doesn't work then go the ism route. I'm curious what I need to be aware of measurement wise to change to the power saddle without screwing up my fit?
Quote Reply
Re: Changing saddle, what do I need to know? [duganator99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Power is a short-nose saddle, so you just have to position it so that the area where your sit bones contact is the same as your existing saddle (vs. matching the position of the nose tip).

Personally, I find the Power to be a great road saddle and a poor tri saddle (Power on my roadie, ISM PN1.1 on my shiv). The Power has a narrow, hard nose that isn’t very comfortable for riding on. YMMV.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
duganator99 wrote:
So I went and got fit on my tri bike, fitter said I could try the stock saddle but it probably wouldn't work. It doesn't work for me(my dingus went numb), he said I could try the specialized power saddle that I already own next and if that doesn't work then go the ism route. I'm curious what I need to be aware of measurement wise to change to the power saddle without screwing up my fit?

For me any saddle was tolerable for < 2 hours. Make sure you get a long enough test.

I went through 5 before finding the fizik arione. Usually you can find a fellow rider who has tons of extra saddles for you to try. As you try different ones you will dial in on what your taint likes.

Swim - Bike - Run the rest is just clothing changes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep try different saddles. You can do your best with a level, plumb bob, and measuring tape, to replicate your fit. Ultimately however different saddles change the fit quite a bit, and you may need to go back to the fitter once you find your ideal saddle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
duganator99 wrote:

Wait, you went to a fitter and you didn't try *all* of the available saddles on the spot and decide then?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.sportfit-lab.com/bike-seat-demo.html

ive used these guys multiple times. they are awesome to work with and its wonderful to be able to try out different designs and actually feel differences. we can sit here and talk all day about saddles but it doesnt matter, we are all different and have different needs in a saddle.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It sounds like you weren't fit properly.
Quote Reply
Re: Changing saddle, what do I need to know? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
It sounds like you weren't fit properly.

Do you remember this guy's bike fit posting history? I'm having deja vu....

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Changing saddle, what do I need to know? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some people might say that you aren't being very nice by making a comment like that.
Quote Reply
Re: Changing saddle, what do I need to know? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, seriously curious.

Quote Reply