Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ITU (WT) age-group world champs in August in Edmonton [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canadian athletes got a couple of extra paragraphs in our emails this morning, here they are:

"That said, World Triathlon Series Edmonton is putting plans together in an effort to stage a standard and sprint distance community age group race. The local organizing committee is welcoming all Canadian age group athletes to participate. We will provide complete details in mid-June with the goal of still providing a race opportunity for you, while supporting the men’s and women’s Grand Final of the World Triathlon Championship Series – just days removed from the Tokyo Olympic Games – as well as the U23 World Championships.

In addition, we will be sending more details to the team regarding the registration process for the races offered to Canadian athletes, as well as options for withdrawals, cancellations, and deferrals in the coming weeks."

They are calling it a "community age-group race" rather than a "Canadian national championship" and I think this little semantic slip will probably cost them at least half of their potential registrations. Speaking for myself, I can justify the cost if it is a "national championship" but certainly not for a "community race". Oh well, fingers crossed Penticton happens...
Quote Reply
Re: ITU (WT) age-group world champs in August in Edmonton [samtridad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's true. I would consider travelling to Edmonton to race it if it were considered the national championships. Unlikely if it is just a regular race

Team Every Man Jack
Quote Reply

Prev Next