jharris wrote:
Yeeper wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Yeeper wrote:
Sweeney wrote:
Clutch Cargo wrote:
Red is good šŸ˜

So, you're good with lying?

Can you clarify what you meant with this reply?

Pretty sure you can figure it out by yourself.

Pretty sure most of us could, but I figured Iā€™d give Sweeney a chance to explain.

But given that he confirmed my assumption in post #28, I stand behind my question.

At least now we know itā€™s acceptable to insult someone with personal attacks simply based on his/her political affiliation.

All he said was he supported Red and was happy his area was red. Nothing else. And then Sweeney jumps in with the attacks based on nothing else.

And youā€™re cool with that. Otherwise why the snark towards me?

Itā€™s obvious from the unity thread I started.

I basically said, anyone should be able to sit down and have a beer and share their opinions and leave with an understanding of one another and get along. Most of the Democrat supporters say- fuck that! The thread has now turned into snarky comments about the far right and digs at the GOP.

My area is 72% red. Not too far from me and there are larger patches of blue in the urban areas, which isnā€™t surprising. In the rural areas, more red. Pretty typical.

I get it and I agree with you. And trust me, thereā€™s plenty of reasons to push back against some of the conservative platform. But this blanket default to insults at the slightest mention of siding with the Right is worthy of as much ridicule.

Anyone who harbors that much hate for someone at the mere mention of support for X is as prejudiced as those they claim to want to burn at the stake.

But hey, thats the new norm I guess.

Pretty much the new norm, I have thick skin and just consider the source as I have been called a Racist, Misogynistic and POS back at the time of the election based on the fact I voted for Orange Man.

You were called a racist because you called a black woman a big ol' wookie.

Laugh it up, Fuzzball!

I'm not sure you would want to back that horse, but I guess that's your perogative.

I guess you havenā€™t watched Star Wars a gazillion times like I have. Wookie.... it was a joke

So if I call a black person a monkey, I can just say, ā€œhavenā€™t you watched Planet of the Apes?ā€ and say it was a joke? Is that how it works?

I didnā€™t see the original post in question.

So, my reply wasnā€™t on that context. The response was only on ....Wookie.

Thereā€™s not much context to understand. Clutch Cargo went after Stacie Abrams and called her a Wookie. You seemed to think thatā€™s fine and heā€™s just joking and not a racist. Others disagree.
Quote Reply
Re: Find the political affiliation of your neighbors [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
68% Dem where I am (affluent NJ suburb). No real surprise.

The town I grew up in comes in at 60%D which is complete bullshit, as that town is notoriously racist, sexist, elitist and homophobic

Where I am now says 45D / 52R / 3I and it gets redder the further out into the woods I run/ride, which is more true to what I observe

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Find the political affiliation of your neighbors [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

The town I grew up in comes in at 60%D which is complete bullshit, as that town is notoriously racist, sexist, elitist and homophobic

Very accurate description then
Quote Reply
Re: Find the political affiliation of your neighbors [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Very accurate description then

And yet youā€™re unwilling to call out any of that behavior by your own tribe, to say nothing of the blatant lying and hypocrisy.
Quote Reply
Re: Find the political affiliation of your neighbors [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the case of my Upstate NY town, the app is wildly inaccurate. It showed that we had 47% D to 48 R. It's a very small town so I checked county website to see if two of us registering to vote here could affect the ratio.

It won't. There is already a good size Democat majority; 820 to 612.

Can anyone else check and see how it works in you town? Let us know what you find.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! šŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Find the political affiliation of your neighbors [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
In the case of my Upstate NY town, the app is wildly inaccurate. It showed that we had 47% D to 48 R. It's a very small town so I checked county website to see if two of us registering to vote here could affect the ratio.

It won't. There is already a good size Democat majority; 820 to 612.

Can anyone else check and see how it works in you town? Let us know what you find.

In Tennessee you do not have to declare a party. This map is pretty interesting from November 2020 and you can drill down to the county level for each state (link to each state at the top).

https://www.nbcnews.com/...ts?icid=election_nav

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Find the political affiliation of your neighbors [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The map shows a pretty even split with a slight lead for Reps, there is no way this is correct, my county voted overwhelmingly for Trump, over 70%.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Find the political affiliation of your neighbors [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
jharris wrote:

The really unfortunate part is that if the Democrats would actually talk to People who voted Republican, they would find a lot of Republican voters would agree with them on a shit-ton of issues.

Please stop hiding behind that strawman that Democrats don't want to talk. Didn't we beat that to death in the Unity thread?

There a 100 democrats and former republicans on this forum that are happy to talk about conservative common ground. Just because we won't entertain the ridiculous lies about the election doesn't mean we can't agree on other issues.

I'll start, I support the 2nd amendment and I don't think the government should be taking guns away from law abiding citizens. Look at that, unity.

We agree.
Quote Reply
Re: Find the political affiliation of your neighbors [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
jharris wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
jharris wrote:
slowchi wrote:
jharris wrote:
slowchi wrote:
Clutch Cargo wrote:
Yeeper wrote:
jharris wrote:
Yeeper wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Yeeper wrote:
Sweeney wrote:
Clutch Cargo wrote:
Red is good šŸ˜

So, you're good with lying?

Can you clarify what you meant with this reply?

Pretty sure you can figure it out by yourself.

Pretty sure most of us could, but I figured Iā€™d give Sweeney a chance to explain.

But given that he confirmed my assumption in post #28, I stand behind my question.

At least now we know itā€™s acceptable to insult someone with personal attacks simply based on his/her political affiliation.

All he said was he supported Red and was happy his area was red. Nothing else. And then Sweeney jumps in with the attacks based on nothing else.

And youā€™re cool with that. Otherwise why the snark towards me?

Itā€™s obvious from the unity thread I started.

I basically said, anyone should be able to sit down and have a beer and share their opinions and leave with an understanding of one another and get along. Most of the Democrat supporters say- fuck that! The thread has now turned into snarky comments about the far right and digs at the GOP.

My area is 72% red. Not too far from me and there are larger patches of blue in the urban areas, which isnā€™t surprising. In the rural areas, more red. Pretty typical.

I get it and I agree with you. And trust me, thereā€™s plenty of reasons to push back against some of the conservative platform. But this blanket default to insults at the slightest mention of siding with the Right is worthy of as much ridicule.

Anyone who harbors that much hate for someone at the mere mention of support for X is as prejudiced as those they claim to want to burn at the stake.

But hey, thats the new norm I guess.

Pretty much the new norm, I have thick skin and just consider the source as I have been called a Racist, Misogynistic and POS back at the time of the election based on the fact I voted for Orange Man.

You were called a racist because you called a black woman a big ol' wookie.

Laugh it up, Fuzzball!

I'm not sure you would want to back that horse, but I guess that's your perogative.

I guess you havenā€™t watched Star Wars a gazillion times like I have. Wookie.... it was a joke

So if I call a black person a monkey, I can just say, ā€œhavenā€™t you watched Planet of the Apes?ā€ and say it was a joke? Is that how it works?

I didnā€™t see the original post in question.

So, my reply wasnā€™t on that context. The response was only on ....Wookie.

Thereā€™s not much context to understand. Clutch Cargo went after Stacie Abrams and called her a Wookie. You seemed to think thatā€™s fine and heā€™s just joking and not a racist. Others disagree.

I saw Wookie. I posted a Star Wars quote.

I donā€™t even know the issue being discussed. My post meant nothing. I said I was joking. I canā€™t possibly know if someone else was joking.

Ignore my post. It meant nothing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next