Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Omius Cooling Headband Question
Quote | Reply
Trying to decide whether to buy one for hot Ironman/70.3 races. Hard to find any good reviews from triathletes. Matt Hanson has been wearing one during his races this year. Any thoughts on how effective it is?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Omius Cooling Headband Question [brett13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My personal experience is that it works well. I wore it for a half distance Tri in Louisiana last September. Probably 85-90 degrees on the run. Wore it the whole time and felt good. With less than 3 miles to go, I passed an athlete I coach who was just starting the run and didn't have one. Gave it to him since I felt fine and knew I was going to finish strong. I hadn't felt particularly cool before that point but immediately noticed my head felt hot after I took it off. I'll definitely continue to use it in warm races.

I think they are not accepting orders right now though while they get ready to re-launch!

Mark Saroni
Re: Omius Cooling Headband Question [brett13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting. I have seen some pros wearing it and inquired on insta but zero feedback.

daved

http://www.theundergroundcoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: Omius Cooling Headband Question [Mark S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark S wrote:
I passed an athlete I coach who was just starting the run and didn't have one. Gave it to him since I felt fine and knew I was going to finish strong.

Very kind of you. Also, eww. Gross.

Re: Omius Cooling Headband Question [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hah. He'd already accidentally drank my entire Topo Chico on the drive over so plenty of germs had already been exchanged.

Mark Saroni
Re: Omius Cooling Headband Question [Mark S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know the status of the relaunch on Omius headbands?
Quote Reply