Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fuji Norcom Straight 1.3 - compatible/shorter aero stem?
Quote | Reply
I am trying a 2019 Fuji NS 1.3 out and I really like the bike but if the stem were like HALF the length I would love it even more. The stem is unlike any I've seen before and I am curious where to start looking for a replacement?

Thank you in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Fuji Norcom Straight 1.3 - compatible/shorter aero stem? [PattiPepper65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuji/oval made a few different lengths, not sure if any would be short enough or if so if you’d be able to find one (maybe one would turn up on eBay). You can see it here (760 aero): https://www.ovalconcepts.com/...lConceptsCatalog.pdf

It is a nice ride but not great options for another stem, especially if you need it to sit in the frame pocket (the bolts on a lot of stems would gouge the frame, and that oval stem matches the spacers).
Quote Reply
Re: Fuji Norcom Straight 1.3 - compatible/shorter aero stem? [PattiPepper65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cam Dye rode that bike for years and used the Pro Missile Evo cockpit and stem. You should be able to get that stem but not sure about the lengths. I think 80 or 85mm is the “normal” stem them offer so it’s pretty small to begin with
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PattiPepper65 wrote:
I am trying a 2019 Fuji NS 1.3 out and I really like the bike but if the stem were like HALF the length I would love it even more.

If you get bars where the pads mount to the extensions you won't need a new stem. The Felt Bayonet 3 are good.

If you want a new stem, you need to find one that doesn't stick out the back past the steerer very far. People have mentioned that a Zipp SL aluminum or Thomson work, but I'm sure there are others. A light aluminum stem with small bolts in the back would be a good bet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the NS 1.3 used a proprietary stem, unfortunately. right now, Fuji only has one 760 aero stem in stock, in size 90mm. (I know this as I am a fuji dealer). The shortest they made was 80 mm and the longest they made was 110mm and they were fitted depending upon the size of the bike. The oval concepts carbon and aluminum base bar extended forward, which made the stem "feel even longer" when NOT in the aero position. Unfortunately, the oval concept aero bars and pads are not as adjustable as other models.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A friend had one of these and ran into this issue... sourcing the oval stem is a pita and they aren't that great... eventually, after a ton of trial and error (and digging through a stem bin) we found an older zipp alloy sl (not carbon) stem would clear, Andy Coggan had one with a Thomson stem on it, so at least some of those fit as well.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone for the help! It was a bike I was testing out and I have decided to send it back.
Quote Reply