Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Another NP-busting ride [superdea] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not saying that being able to hit that number in a max effort is strange, just that doing it accidentally is strange, especially if you're over 60 with an ftp of 200.

Would you break 1500w accidentally without even trying, just starting from a standing stop at a red light?! Even if you're a bigger rider, it seems unlikely to say the least.

I'm 158 pounds and I don't know but I would guess the OP is not a heavy guy.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Another NP-busting ride [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, i dont hit 1500 by accident. But close to 1000 is not very unusual from a stand still trying to catch my lightweight friends, but i weigh about 95kg...
Quote Reply
Re: Another NP-busting ride [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ken: sorry to hear about your knee...I can relate...I had surgery on my torn meniscus back in 2005 and my knee has been falling apart since. This is my last year (I get to do Kona with my son!) and I have a total knee replacement in November....

And btw, you had a great career! You were always one of guys that remained forever above my level!

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: Another NP-busting ride [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:

So, is there an issue with NP/TSS with an interval-like ride? And does it matter at all? The .csv file I linked is more egregious (~224 AP, 269 NP (~272 FTP) for 3+ hours).

I think there can be, if you have exceptional W'.

Here's a plot of "one-hour-IF." I calculated the "running one-hour NP" and divided it by your FTP. The plot starts at 60 minutes because it combines all the data from the first 3600 seconds into 1 point. Then, one second later it drops the first second and adds in the 3601st second. I do that for the entire ride, which gives me running NP over one hour "windows."

As you can see, your IF over the first hour of the ride was 1.05, and it went up from there. For the hour ending at 180 minutes (that is, over the entire hour from 2h to 3h), your IF was around 1.12.

Last edited by: RChung: May 9, 21 10:50
Quote Reply

Prev Next