Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Moving to North Carolina. Best town to train? [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much d00d!
More less, how long is the hot and humid summer ?
Quote Reply
Re: Moving to North Carolina. Best town to train? [IgnacioV.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the heat of the summer begins in june, is worst in july and august, but carries all the way through mid to late october (in some cases). the hottest months will normally reach low to mid 90s (and touch low 100s occasionally) and the humidity is pretty high...
Quote Reply
Re: Moving to North Carolina. Best town to train? [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
d00d wrote:
the heat of the summer begins in june, is worst in july and august, but carries all the way through mid to late october (in some cases). the hottest months will normally reach low to mid 90s (and touch low 100s occasionally) and the humidity is pretty high...

This is one of the many reasons my cold, northern state has seen an influx of people fleeing NC and other southern states to live north (I know a real estate agent who has seen many from NC look at houses the past 2 years). But our summers are getting hot and humid too. We saw temps in the 90s, even hitting 100F a few times in some places not far from the Canadian border. But these folks from NC are going to be shocked at our extreme winters that go from end of October sometimes to beginning of May. Last year on this day, we had a few inches of snow. And then we have those moving to NC to escape the cold not realizing NC has high heat and humidity (unless you live in the mtns like Asheville). Moral of the story, no place is perfect and has flaws. You just have to decide what is most important to you. For me I decided not to move South and stay put. Winters are still brutal but we adjust and embrace it. For me having space, land, peace and quiet (ETA: complete privacy) and a low population was most important to me (I'm a minority on wanting and needing lots of space from other people).

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Last edited by: Triingtotrain: May 12, 21 8:35
Quote Reply

Prev Next