Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman must not need any of its customers... [TriSpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriSpencer wrote:
Dan (or anyone else), do you suspect that if any more N.A. races (Mont Tremblant half/full in particular) get postponed this year, we may be able to transfer to another race in 2021? My concern is that since all N.A. races are "sold out" they won't offer transfers to say Wisonconsin, Chattanooga, etc. Thanks

boy i don't know. i have no insight on this.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman must not need any of its customers... [TriSpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriSpencer wrote:
Dan (or anyone else), do you suspect that if any more N.A. races (Mont Tremblant half/full in particular) get postponed this year, we may be able to transfer to another race in 2021? My concern is that since all N.A. races are "sold out" they won't offer transfers to say Wisonconsin, Chattanooga, etc. Thanks

Re IMMT 70.3 which is in 6 weeks. No idea if they're going to be able to get a miracle and pull it off, but if not: there is White Mountains and Patriot Halves in approximately the same area the same time. Both still open, although Patriot Half says 12 spots left.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman must not need any of its customers... [ask77nl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ask77nl wrote:
TriSpencer wrote:

Re IMMT 70.3 which is in 6 weeks. No idea if they're going to be able to get a miracle and pull it off, but if not: there is White Mountains and Patriot Halves in approximately the same area the same time. Both still open, although Patriot Half says 12 spots left.

I’m coming from Los Angeles, so bit of a trek for me to make it out there but thanks for the heads up.

I did just read today that Canada and the US are working actively on opening the border for travel. Probably won’t help nor be done in time for the 70.3, but holding out hope it’ll be good for the Full.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman must not need any of its customers... [Lock_N_Load] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently, I'm not alone in terms of shared grievances regarding my experience with IM- for me I signed up for IMMT 2020, and apparently due to a class action law suit they acquiesced and promised athletes the option for a full reimbursement for the race starting in December 2020.

Since then the fun has began- I reach out to them on a weekly basis asking for an update and continue to get the run around. At one point, they indicated if I didn't receive my check they would simply refund my credit card- then they indicated it would take 8-10 weeks for a reimbursement. That time has passed and I sent them a pretty heated email, in my mind justifiably, calling them liars. Then they closed my 'ticket' stating I needed to communicate with them in a professional manner. Then I cooled down and tried them again without a response for another few weeks. Every week it's them kicking the can down the road stating I would get my check.

Along the way, (probably two months ago), I saw Ironman would be hosting a 70.3 in Oregon in July and thought you know what- I'll take a credit at this point I can apply towards another race since I still plan on doing triathlons (even though it makes me sick to my stomach doing business with an entity that so far has treated me so poorly as a customer)- so I reach out to Ironman directly and submit a ticket asking for a credit given the situation. They closed my ticket without any communication back- I've since reopened the ticket twice with comments (admittedly, calling them out on their BS MO) and my concerns have fallen on deaf ears.

It seems to me that an established enterprise simply cannot get away with just robbing me of my hard earned $ but it seems that's where we are headed- I can't believe that they would be able to get away with this.

Frankly, I don't care the 'caliber' of the races they put on- companies have come and gone. Other race organizers will take share from them. I've left companies I've been loyal to (even with loyalty memberships) for just failing to recognize me as a valued customer, and I will do the same here. Shame on Ironman.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman must not need any of its customers... [discotheque3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
discotheque3 wrote:
Apparently, I'm not alone in terms of shared grievances regarding my experience with IM- for me I signed up for IMMT 2020, and apparently due to a class action law suit they acquiesced and promised athletes the option for a full reimbursement for the race starting in December 2020.

Since then the fun has began- I reach out to them on a weekly basis asking for an update and continue to get the run around. At one point, they indicated if I didn't receive my check they would simply refund my credit card- then they indicated it would take 8-10 weeks for a reimbursement. That time has passed and I sent them a pretty heated email, in my mind justifiably, calling them liars. Then they closed my 'ticket' stating I needed to communicate with them in a professional manner. Then I cooled down and tried them again without a response for another few weeks. Every week it's them kicking the can down the road stating I would get my check.

Along the way, (probably two months ago), I saw Ironman would be hosting a 70.3 in Oregon in July and thought you know what- I'll take a credit at this point I can apply towards another race since I still plan on doing triathlons (even though it makes me sick to my stomach doing business with an entity that so far has treated me so poorly as a customer)- so I reach out to Ironman directly and submit a ticket asking for a credit given the situation. They closed my ticket without any communication back- I've since reopened the ticket twice with comments (admittedly, calling them out on their BS MO) and my concerns have fallen on deaf ears.

It seems to me that an established enterprise simply cannot get away with just robbing me of my hard earned $ but it seems that's where we are headed- I can't believe that they would be able to get away with this.

Frankly, I don't care the 'caliber' of the races they put on- companies have come and gone. Other race organizers will take share from them. I've left companies I've been loyal to (even with loyalty memberships) for just failing to recognize me as a valued customer, and I will do the same here. Shame on Ironman.

i guess you didn't see posts 68 thru 74 above?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman must not need any of its customers... [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Dan, thanks for pointing me to those posts- I got pretty deep down the thread and did not get to the last posts. Thanks for offering to help! I’ll send you a direct message.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for offering to help with issues, Dan. I sent you a message regarding an issue I'm having with a missing race registration.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve sent you a PM. Thank you so much!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dan/Slowman,

Sent you another note as I never heard back from you, but thought I'd open it up to others that may have experienced a similar experience.

I finally received my IMMT reimbursement check after 6 months of reaching out to the org 1-2x a week continuing to get the runaround.

Upon receiving the check I went into my local BoA as they had to deposit it through a certain process since check was in CAD (Canadian dollars)... few weeks after the deposit I receive a notification that the check had been returned by Ironman.

Has anyone experienced this happening? I'm confused and obviously infuriated as this caused a bit of a chain reaction with my bank and the payments I had made with the those funds I thought were available.. not to mention I really don't want to go through this process (read as nightmare) with them again for another 6 months.
Quote Reply

Prev Next