Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speedmax TT Disc
Quote | Reply
Canyon have finally released their new UCI-legal TT bike. Similar (ish) silhouette as the tri bike, more conventional front end and sans hydration integration.

Looks like the Giro will be it’s first outing.
Last edited by: matt.pocknell: May 5, 21 3:31
Quote Reply
Re: Speedmax TT Disc [matt.pocknell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice, it's 15mm lower and 10mm longer than the tri version, so it'll fit better for some of the long/low guys.
Quote Reply
Re: Speedmax TT Disc [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonder if they’ll release the frameset. It seems most TTers prefer to do their own build and probably aren’t in the market for a top-end fully loaded bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In general I'm surprised any serious rider would spend so much money on a fully built bike where you pay a premium and they pick your gearing, crank length, stem length, saddle, extensions, etc. Beside the wheels, brakes, shifters, and derailleurs, the rest really should be tailored. Selling the parts is a hassle, too. That's why I only buy framesets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not sure there is much of a audience for this bike as a frameset. The problem isthe cockpit and relative scarcity of disc discs. You are either stuck with the Canyon stock cockpit setup or are going to need some serious engineering help to hack a custom front end. If you are going down the hack road there are better options on the market. If you are happy with the cockpit then the frameset would have to be pretty cheap to make economic sense to buy vs the complete build. Disc discs are still rare and expensive. The single build option is premium but its still 30% less than the top end Speedmac CFR Tri build and you don't get a disc-disc with the CFR. I can't imagine Canyon selling the frameset for a low enough price that it makes financial sense to the consumer.

Having said the above based on the build kit and price this must actually be a relatively cheap frameset for Canyon to produce. Its certainly a lot cheaper than the CFR frames when you look at the build options and prices for the CFR models. If they did want to attack the frameset market it would be viable option and I think you build it into a very solid TT or Tri frameset. Put something like the Profile Design FC-35 between the bars that has a bit if snack storage behind the bottle, a bottle behind the saddle and a flat kit in an aero bottle on the frame and you have a serious weapon. But the frameset with cockpit would need to be in the $4000 range and I don't see Canyon doing that.
Quote Reply