Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Waterman's Half Rock Hall in MD
Quote | Reply
Anyone done it before?

How does it compare to Eagleman? Is it as windy or is it more mild?

I hate wind (even when not riding).

I'm looking for a late half in the mid atlantic area, and this is interesting. 70.3 NC is sold out. I like the date of Rock Hall and hoping that it isn't too windy being on the water.

Thanks
Last edited by: littlefoot: May 5, 21 5:58
Quote Reply
Re: Rock Hall Half in MD [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you referring to the OBX 70.3???
Quote Reply
Re: Rock Hall Half in MD [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The one in Wilmington. Didn't it take over the B2B race?

I like the date of the 70.3 for the NC race but it's sold out (and too much).

The rock hall race is interesting to me, but I am curious if the conditions there are windy like they can be at Eagleman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done that race a couple times in the past and yes it can be windy but I seem to remember the wind being more of an 'issue' for me on the run-running into a breeze coming off the water. Not sure how windy bothers you but unless you are extremely anti any wind/breeze it's a good race to do! It's a fast course just not as fast as Eagleman based on times...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://kineticmultisports.com/races/watermans/

I assume you mean the Waterman's Half.

I've never done it but I've heard good things about it. Kinetic always does a nice job. I actually always keep an eye on it as an end of season option

That time of year though does have the weather issues.
A friend of mine was doing it as his first half distance and it was canceled due to hurricane weather coming up the coast......

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
Anyone done it before?

I'm looking for a late half in the mid atlantic area, and this is interesting. 70.3 NC is sold out. I like the date of Rock Hall and hoping that it isn't too windy being on the water.

Thanks

It end of Sept early Oct. I've done the Olympic along side the half a number of times.

Great location and well run race. It's one of my favorite ones in MD to do. It can be windy but I always had more wind racing down in Cambridge. It's deceptively hilly for the eastern shore with a fair amount of chip seal.

I say do it.
Quote Reply
Re: Rock Hall Half in MD [bulldog15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bulldog15 wrote:
https://kineticmultisports.com/races/watermans/

I assume you mean the Waterman's Half.

I've never done it but I've heard good things about it. Kinetic always does a nice job. I actually always keep an eye on it as an end of season option

That time of year though does have the weather issues.
A friend of mine was doing it as his first half distance and it was canceled due to hurricane weather coming up the coast...

Thanks Bulldog!
Yes, I did mean the Waterman's half. I need to edit my post. Funny thing, I did sign up for that Half as well originally when the Hurricane came through.
Quote Reply
Re: Rock Hall Half in MD [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:
littlefoot wrote:
Anyone done it before?

Thanks

It end of Sept early Oct. I've done the Olympic along side the half a number of times.

Great location and well run race. It's one of my favorite ones in MD to do. It can be windy but I always had more wind racing down in Cambridge. It's deceptively hilly for the eastern shore with a fair amount of chip seal.

I say do it.

Something 10-12 mph isn't a big deal. 20 and over isn't something I want to pay to race in (unless I qualify for Kona-which I won't). I was wondering if the race venue is routinely a windy area or like any other place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:

Something 10-12 mph isn't a big deal. 20 and over isn't something I want to pay to race in (unless I qualify for Kona-which I won't). I was wondering if the race venue is routinely a windy area or like any other place.

I'd say not routinely as windy. It's also more tree lined and protected than the course in Cambridge.
Quote Reply
Re: Waterman's Half Rock Hall in MD [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The course isn't super windy and being a loop of sorts you get a tail wind at some point if there is wind out... I've never ridden there and felt it was unsafe windy.
Quote Reply
Re: Rock Hall Half in MD [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Are you referring to the OBX 70.3???

Rock Hall MD.

the one problem with this race is not the race but the local hotels/motels. They are few and far between other than a Holiday Inn they look horrible

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Rock Hall Half in MD [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stayed on Kent Island for the Rock Hall tri. Great hotel and restaurant choices, and easy one-hour drive to the race.
Quote Reply