Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: (Live Race Thread) IM Tulsa NA Champs - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long? [ADabs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ADabs wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
ADabs wrote:
Ever seen the movie Frozen, TG?

I have not.

Huh. Well that ruins the punch line a bit.

There’s a catchy tune titled “let it go” which I think could apply here.

Thank you for the advice. I'm a fighter through and through but always trying to be a little better and learn from things too!

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: (Live Race Thread) IM Tulsa NA Champs - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long? [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
the more intersting stuff of this race was
kat matthews 2.49 marathon given the fact that she still could be classified as a rookie pro.
denis chavrot most likely doing the first world class ironman by a french triathlete.
the indestructable andy potts
jan van berkel back into shape he was a few years ago
beekegard fighting through the marathon and showing that he could be somebody in a few years to win kona.
and i guess its hard to look past the fact that lange did look good from A to C and the top pros certainly will take notice of his performance.
ProTriNews podcast just been put up: Ironman-tulsa-lisbon-world-cup-recap-
https://podcasts.apple.com/...1865?i=1000523363427
Quote Reply
Re: (Live Race Thread) IM Tulsa NA Champs - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Some nice runs by pro women yesterday.
Matthews, Moench, Jackson.

Add to that, and seems to have slipped below the radar, that Frenchman Denis Chevrot running 2:36:02 recorded the fastest LD (IM or 140.6) marathon* ever, slipping ahead of Ben Hoffman. Lange goes into third ever fastest. It has separately been evidenced that the 26.2 mile Tulsa course was if anything a 100m long.
As an aside it would be excellent if both IM and Challenge encouraged organisers to get the measurements of distance to the many running mats reasonably accurate. The ones at Tulsa were 'all over the place' making the 'pace' column in the tracker useless (and swiftly ignored).

* Excludes IM Texas 2018: Edit (with thanks to @ajthomas) the run has been acknowledged as at least a km short.
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: May 30, 21 8:23
Quote Reply
Re: (Live Race Thread) IM Tulsa NA Champs - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long? [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The run at IMTX was not short. I had it at 26.1 and with the amount of UTurns it makes sense. If it was short at all it was not more than 100m, certainly not a KM.

The issue that year was drafting was not enforced. Several fewer matches burned on the bike lead to fast fast run times.
Quote Reply
Re: (Live Race Thread) IM Tulsa NA Champs - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long? [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was a lot of shots of Lange working impatiently on the bike like he was leading a tdf breakaway, while the chase was riding in perfect conservative form....then Lange seemed to be jogging the hilly run but the times were ludicrous, obviously he wasn't jogging
Quote Reply
Post deleted by justhavefun [ In reply to ]
Re: (Live Race Thread) IM Tulsa NA Champs - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long? [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, the course got measured with a "wheel" 3 times before the race, the bike course was short by about 2 miles and it was probably the most mild day in the history of that race.

http://www.magnoliamasters.com
http://www.snappingtortuga.com
http://www.swimeasyspeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: (Live Race Thread) IM Tulsa NA Champs - Can Anyone Beat Sam Long? [justhavefun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, I watch quite a few of the live broadcasts and really enjoy what you guys deliver. As a spectator the time flies. for sure it can't be easy to keep that energy up thinking of continuous things to say about triathlon for 5 or 9 hours but you guys have it quite well dialled in. Thanks and chapeau!
Quote Reply

Prev Next