Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tell Me About Your Lunch Workout - Parking Lot Shower Solution [thunderdouble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Conveniently, triathlete magazine just put out an article today for a DIY rinse kit that was pretty cheap to make. Might be worth a look if that's the route you're going.
Quote Reply
Re: Tell Me About Your Lunch Workout - Parking Lot Shower Solution [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
I have worked out at lunch without a shower for years. I'm a guy, and never had a problem. (Meaning my method should work for men, but not sure with women!)

People really, really overthink the need for the shower. Just take a shower in the morning, then do you workout at lunch, and then have a good cooldown period where you can stop sweating after it, and then just use a normal towel to wipe down the rest of the sweat. Go to a normal bathroom and just wash your face, head, and neck. Towel off again, change. If you want to go the extra mile, use deodorant that you like before and/or after. f you don't have immediate access to a bathroom after the run, just cooldown outdoors, change (somehow, ?car), and use the bathroom to wash off later, there is no rush.

Seriously, it's not a problem at all. I work in a 'professional dress' place where a tie would be appropriate and casual clothes are never appropriate, as well.

Forget all those wipes, parking lot showers, and fancy solutions. It's literally AM shower, towel, wash face-neck, change. I

The most helpful thing to have is a location where you can change. Obviously any bathroom will work, but it's more pleasant when you have a lockable office so you're not dealing with putting clothes on questionably clean surfaces.

I even bike commute 1-2x/week (full sweat), still have no problems with this despite commute-lunch run-commute. And my workout for today's luncn will be 5 x 5' as hard as possible (near-VO2max) alternating 3x' off, total 1 hr running, in close to 90F heat when the sun is factored in. It's gonna be a sweatfast.

X2. My understanding (and experience) is that sweat, by itself, doesn't stink - meaning there's really no need for an immediate shower after the lunch workout. It's the bacterial growth that happens over time that produce the rich smells, and that just doesn't happen in the hours between the lunch run and the end of the work day. I typically work in an urban office setting. My practice has been to change in the bathroom handicap stall, put work clothes back in my office, run, walk / cool down post run as much as possible, sit back in the office doing computer work until I seem to be done sweating, then head back to the bathroom to change. I've never ha any complaints or issues raised by wearing my running clothes out of the building or wearing them in my personal work space while I'm cooling off.
Quote Reply
Re: Tell Me About Your Lunch Workout - Parking Lot Shower Solution [thunderdouble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used Shower Pills for many years. Large wipes that work well. No stick. Re-hit the deo and go!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Tell Me About Your Lunch Workout - Parking Lot Shower Solution [redbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the poncho towel heavy?

Would be curious if anyone has a quick pop up change tent they would recommend.

I'm a heavy sweater so weighing out options.

Appreciate everyones feedback!
Quote Reply
Re: Tell Me About Your Lunch Workout - Parking Lot Shower Solution [shotts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shotts wrote:
lightheir wrote:
I have worked out at lunch without a shower for years. I'm a guy, and never had a problem. (Meaning my method should work for men, but not sure with women!)

People really, really overthink the need for the shower. Just take a shower in the morning, then do you workout at lunch, and then have a good cooldown period where you can stop sweating after it, and then just use a normal towel to wipe down the rest of the sweat. Go to a normal bathroom and just wash your face, head, and neck. Towel off again, change. If you want to go the extra mile, use deodorant that you like before and/or after. f you don't have immediate access to a bathroom after the run, just cooldown outdoors, change (somehow, ?car), and use the bathroom to wash off later, there is no rush.

Seriously, it's not a problem at all. I work in a 'professional dress' place where a tie would be appropriate and casual clothes are never appropriate, as well.

Forget all those wipes, parking lot showers, and fancy solutions. It's literally AM shower, towel, wash face-neck, change. I

The most helpful thing to have is a location where you can change. Obviously any bathroom will work, but it's more pleasant when you have a lockable office so you're not dealing with putting clothes on questionably clean surfaces.

I even bike commute 1-2x/week (full sweat), still have no problems with this despite commute-lunch run-commute. And my workout for today's luncn will be 5 x 5' as hard as possible (near-VO2max) alternating 3x' off, total 1 hr running, in close to 90F heat when the sun is factored in. It's gonna be a sweatfast.

X2. My understanding (and experience) is that sweat, by itself, doesn't stink - meaning there's really no need for an immediate shower after the lunch workout. It's the bacterial growth that happens over time that produce the rich smells, and that just doesn't happen in the hours between the lunch run and the end of the work day. I typically work in an urban office setting. My practice has been to change in the bathroom handicap stall, put work clothes back in my office, run, walk / cool down post run as much as possible, sit back in the office doing computer work until I seem to be done sweating, then head back to the bathroom to change. I've never ha any complaints or issues raised by wearing my running clothes out of the building or wearing them in my personal work space while I'm cooling off.

+1. Heavy sweater. Casual business dress code.
Essential are wiping down with fresh towel (save the planet!) after cooling down to no sweat. Maybe rinsing head/hair in sink, if a hot day and no AC. Some deo in critical areas and all set.
Fresh set of clothing every day is key.
You only stink in unwashed clothes.
Quote Reply

Prev Next