Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who else laundered their garmin by accident? Admit it!
Quote | Reply
I used to think only idiots could launder their Garmin by accident. Well I joined the crowd today. Removed my 945 from its quick-mount on my bike (wrist straps removed so only the body of the watch), popped it in my jersey pocket planning to remove and recharge it in the house. Of course, I promptly forget it was there, and threw the jersey into my laundry, which I did shortly thereafter.

The good news - it survived the laundry spin (I didn't put it in the dryer!) even with a 'efficient' hi-spin model laundry machine.

I know I'm not the only one!
Quote Reply
Re: Who else laundered their garmin by accident? Admit it! [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did recently did it with the HRM still attached to it's strap and it survived, too
Quote Reply
Re: Who else laundered their garmin by accident? Admit it! [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never laundered one, but I did lose one for several years in a pair of shoes that I decommissioned after a race. Finally found it when I was getting ready to reuse the shoes for the Camp Pendleton Mud Run.
Last edited by: bufordt: May 3, 21 7:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done it as well. Old Garmin 310xt made at least one trip through the laundry. Survived the washing machine just fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never my Garmin but heart rate monitor straps with the sensor still attached? Yes. On purpose, no. I did wash my IPhone once. I got pretty muddy playing on my cross bike and stripped down in the laundry room and threw everything I had on into the washer including my jacket with my phone in the pocket. When I used Find my Phone I found it., it was still on but the buttons would not respond. Put it in rice for a few days. It turned on with water blotches in the screen and I was able to retrieve my messages and then it died.The good thing it was insured!
Quote Reply
Re: Who else laundered their garmin by accident? Admit it! [Juanmoretime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine got into the habit of placing his Garmin watch on top of his car to find a satellite. Which was great untill he drove of to meet up for a run.
Quote Reply