Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Meanwhile,in Cancun...
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile,in Cancun... [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Potts rode a Dimond! Seems like he had a good bike split even with a flat. Too bad that happened. Hopefully he doesn’t go back to Gatorkins.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile,in Cancun... [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bummed that it seems like Adam Hansen was a scratch. I want to see what that dude can do in tri.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most exciting to me is that Sika Henry earned her pro card. First black female pro triathlete!

Congrats to her!
Last edited by: Kickr: May 2, 21 17:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Poor run from Butterfield by his standards, I'm sure he would be disappointed to miss out on the podium. Also surprised to see Gomez's bike split only 1 min off Weiss!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Youtuber Nick Bare went 5:02. A 1:45 run seems slow for him given his early season training and unofficial sub 3 marathon. And, a 45 min swim, ouch!

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
Potts rode a Dimond! Seems like he had a good bike split even with a flat. Too bad that happened. Hopefully he doesn’t go back to Gatorkins.

Agree. Real shame he flatted. I’m sure that took a lot of motivation out of the rest of the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile,in Cancun... [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tinman wrote:
Youtuber Nick Bare went 5:02. A 1:45 run seems slow for him given his early season training and unofficial sub 3 marathon. And, a 45 min swim, ouch!

I'm assuming is was not wetsuit legal and was either long and/or choppy, there were a lot of slower swim times for everyone including pro's. No doubt the conditions made the run difficult, but I agree, you would expect better if he can run a sub 3 marathon. My theory is the pace you can hold for an open marathon is the same pace you can hold for a HIM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shame Jenkins picked up (yet another) injury. She's been unfortunate with those, and would have been interesting (hopefully will be) if she does get some consistency injury free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
Had to go see the quick clip they posted of him riding by and chuckled. Any idea why he was on that instead of his Ceepo?

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile,in Cancun... [Kickr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kickr wrote:
Most exciting to me is that Sika Henry earned her pro card. First black female pro triathlete!

Congrats to her!
Well spotted..Good on her.
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile,in Cancun... [42point2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
42point2 wrote:
tinman wrote:

I'm assuming is was not wetsuit legal and was either long and/or choppy, there were a lot of slower swim times for everyone including pro's. No doubt the conditions made the run difficult, but I agree, you would expect better if he can run a sub 3 marathon. My theory is the pace you can hold for an open marathon is the same pace you can hold for a HIM.

I would assume so too, otherwise a very poor swim from someone being coached that intense. Hot and humid is probably also horrible when you are that big/sweat so much. A long way off the sub 10h goal at least
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile,in Cancun... [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can confirm:
Choppy swim, first half very much against the current.
Run was very hot. No shade. In the sun, my watch had it at 100 degrees. Aid stations basically ran out of everything by my 3rd lap (I finished before nick).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man . . . javi is just such a gun. i'd put him alongside welchy as a dark horse on the 'best palmares of all time' list.

also, what a weird men's field! a handful of great names there, in their late 30s/40s. gives me a bit of hope as i age up . . .

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile,in Cancun... [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
Man . . . javi is just such a gun. i'd put him alongside welchy as a dark horse on the 'best palmares of all time' list.

also, what a weird men's field! a handful of great names there, in their late 30s/40s. gives me a bit of hope as i age up . . .
Yeah it is great to see all the "Old Bastards" racing so well..I really became a fan of Javier when I watched him win Ironman Malaysia as it showed me just how tough he still is..A great career that just keeps on going..
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile,in Cancun... [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tinman wrote:

Given his size and swim/bike capabilities, I thought that's a decent run for him. He probably disagrees but triathlon is completely different ball game. He doesn't have the swim or bike fitness yet to run to his full capability. And his size isn't helping, especially in the heat.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile,in Cancun... [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plus, he probably cooked himself in his black Roka racing kit. Not being able to run shirtless. HA!

tinman
Quote Reply