Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone try bike chamois cream for wetsuit chafing?
Quote | Reply
Just curious if anyone's tried using the antichafe bike creams like Chamois Buttr or Assos brand cream (I have this stuff) for wetsuit chafing.

Or if it's a bad idea, why it is so.

I already use bodyglide and have Trislide, obviously that's the go-to, but just curious why the bike creams won't work as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone try bike chamois cream for wetsuit chafing? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go read the ingredient list. First one listed is always water. It will wash off within seconds. The reason why body glide works is that it’s not water based.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone try bike chamois cream for wetsuit chafing? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go to the baby section and see if you can get some baby oil gel. You will never have chaffing again.

Over here it is Johnson’s but the rand doesn’t matter. Make sure it is gel.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone try bike chamois cream for wetsuit chafing? [SheTries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheTries wrote:
Go to the baby section and see if you can get some baby oil gel. You will never have chaffing again.

Over here it is Johnson’s but the rand doesn’t matter. Make sure it is gel.

I've used (non-gel) bay oil on my neck as well - against the advice of some petroleum-phobic wetsuit punters - and it worked like a charm. And I was a dude who could rip a hole in his neck with a wetsuit collar.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calmoseptine is water resistant. You have to practically wipe it all off with a paper towel or something to get it off your skin. Used the stuff for the kiddo for diaper rashes. Lasts forever but I don't know if it will harm neoprene though. I've used it on longer rides with my chamois though and it was fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This stuff works great for running (nipples and pits), biking (sit bones), and swimming with wetsuit (neck and ankles). ~$5 at Walmart

Last edited by: TJ56: May 1, 21 10:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try Avon Silicone Hand Creme. It comes in 4 ounce and 1 ounce tubes, and is great for preventing chafing on a wetsuit swim as well as the bike and run. But it on your ankles pre-swim to help strip the wetsuit after. What’s more, it’s inexpensive, and often on sale. It won’t damage your wetsuit, and it won’t leave a stain on your clothing.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone try bike chamois cream for wetsuit chafing? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriSlide spray is my go to for wetsuits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a friend who uses KT tape.
A little off the subject, but this is something a two piece wetsuit eliminated for me. My Roka would decapitate me if I swam long enough. My Synergy top rides up just enough to eliminate any chaffing. I've gone as far as 10K in it, with no problem.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone try bike chamois cream for wetsuit chafing? [Dean T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dean T wrote:
I have a friend who uses KT tape.
A little off the subject, but this is something a two piece wetsuit eliminated for me. My Roka would decapitate me if I swam long enough. My Synergy top rides up just enough to eliminate any chaffing. I've gone as far as 10K in it, with no problem.

My roka decapitates me too. Best wetsuit I've ever had by far at the cost of having terrible chafing in the back of my neck. I'm racing IM CDA in 3w and am desperate to find a solution! I tried bodyglide, I guess it helps a little bit. Tried swimming with a baby towel between my skin and wetsuit. I guess it helped too but still chafing.

I shall try to KT tape. I need to unchafe from Saturday's swim 2d ago first before taping anything.

Last edited by: tamiii: Jun 7, 21 8:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found Friction Zone to work better than some of the other options mentioned here for preventing wetsuit hickeys. They claim to be safe for wetsuit materials as well.

Last edited by: dangle: Jun 7, 21 9:05
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone try bike chamois cream for wetsuit chafing? [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second the KT tape.

Once i discovered putting KT tape on my neck it was a game changer for my wetsuit swims. Honestly super surprised that more people dont use KT tape to prevent chaffing when it works so well.

2x Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), 2x Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner, and I once did an Ironman.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone try bike chamois cream for wetsuit chafing? [chuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chuy wrote:
I second the KT tape.

Once i discovered putting KT tape on my neck it was a game changer for my wetsuit swims. Honestly super surprised that more people dont use KT tape to prevent chaffing when it works so well.

I have never thought it that!

I use these. Does not come off until you want it to. I also have used one on my chest for "zipper bite" from my trisuit.

Quote Reply