Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DIY Aero testing
Quote | Reply
Anyone successfully used the Cheung aero testing method?

I can’t think of any roads nearby me that are good for testing.

Curious to hear from others who can tell me their success ... to make me interested in driving a bit to get a proper course I can test on.

Also, how low did you get your CdA?!
Quote Reply
Re: DIY Aero testing [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You what this thread, all the answers you are looking for to be found

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ng%20method#p3536905

http://www.tri-monkey.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mvenneta wrote:

I can’t think of any roads nearby me that are good for testing.

Curious to hear from others who can tell me their success ... to make me interested in driving a bit to get a proper course I can test on.

Also, how low did you get your CdA?!

You can get really good results testing by yourself. All you need is a power meter and you should a speed sensor rather than GPS.

There is hardware and software products out there that make it a bit easier. The increase accuracy / $ is up for debate. You will get varying opinions on this

I can take my laptop, throw the bike in the car, drive to get location within 30minutes with helmets, tools.....I want to test and can results within minutes of each run with a laptop, within seconds with tools.

I would learn to use the software, look at some of the protocols, practice where you are and when you're comfortable go out and do the full on tests. The more knowledge you have on how the whole systems works, the less restricted you are on test venues.

The thread you were referred to is the best place to start
Quote Reply
Re: DIY Aero testing [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What someone needs to create is a fancy aero meter that spits out a cda from a hill roll down :D That's melding old school and the future!

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mvenneta wrote:

Every once in a while I think I have.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So many times Ive considered doing this only to realise there is no usable loop nearby I can do this on. I might have to take a car a go somewhere farther.
As far as I understand it it should be a "valley", right? U-ramp shape? Ideally with no traffic. What length is ok?
Quote Reply
Re: DIY Aero testing [Rachela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rachela wrote:
So many times Ive considered doing this only to realise there is no usable loop nearby I can do this on. I might have to take a car a go somewhere farther.
As far as I understand it it should be a "valley", right? U-ramp shape? Ideally with no traffic. What length is ok?
per above go to the platypus thread, the first item is a good starting place for a guide on how to do the Chung method.... read through the thread if you want a deeper understanding... use Golden Cheetah for analysis (for those not so strongly inclined to the math, but there are spreadsheets that work as well), post in the platypus thread if you want to maintain the thread that is the one where most of the Chung method info resides to keep things simple.
Quote Reply
Re: DIY Aero testing [RChung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RChung wrote:
mvenneta wrote:

Cheung method rolls off the tongue better than Chung.

Quote Reply
Re: DIY Aero testing [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
RChung wrote:
mvenneta wrote:

Ooops. I thought we were talking about something else. I'm not familiar with the Cheung method. I take my comment back, I've never tried it. I should look it up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RChung wrote:
Morelock wrote:
RChung wrote:
mvenneta wrote:

Ooops. I thought we were talking about something else. I'm not familiar with the Cheung method. I take my comment back, I've never tried it. I should look it up.

It's the method offered from a subsidiary of Aliexpress. Zavier from Aerocooch is who I spoke with.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
It's the method offered from a subsidiary of Aliexpress. Zavier from Aerocooch is who I spoke with.
Is that the firm that sells those cycling thongs? Breezers, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RChung wrote:
Morelock wrote:

Yes, Chris was the first adopter of the aero thong with one big, strategically placed trip strip.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
RChung wrote:
Morelock wrote:

Yes, Chris was the first adopter of the aero thong with one big, strategically placed trip strip.

I was waiting for this part of the thread to light up, LOL :-) well played folks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
RChung wrote:
Morelock wrote:

When combined with natures pocket for storage, it tests pretty slippery.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
marcag wrote:
RChung wrote:
Morelock wrote:

When combined with natures pocket for storage, it tests pretty slippery.
Sounds like a DIY project.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell me more
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mvenneta wrote:
Tell me more
About the Breezers cycling thong? I don't have first hand experience with it but I believe they come both in "classic" and "dubl stuf" sizes. If you're a furry (not that there's anything wrong with that) you may want to pay close attention to this review for Veet.
Quote Reply