Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mare of Easttown [Samok.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Samok. wrote:
SPOILERS

The priest's storyline should be done with. He's innocent, and he covered up his time with Erin as the optics were terrible especially given his previous allegations with another teenage girl.

Other than that, I have no idea. Maybe the bearded bro is the bad guy after all. But the ex boyfriend storyline really throws me off.

Yeah, I have no idea where that's going, just it's going somewhere bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SPOLIERS

My bet on it right now (who knows, it could go any which way).

- Priest thing was just a distraction, as you said
- Ex Boyfriend might have some unrelated side gig that could get him in trouble, which is why he wanted to burn the diaries. Could be anything. Maybe he's a drug dealer. But it's a way to throw the viewer off of the main story.
- Billy and beard boy are both involved in some way. I'm wondering if maybe beard boy is a sex addict, or something. Can't figure out what's going on, but somehow he's managed to manipulate his brother and Erin's father.
- Wondering if Mare's ex husband is involved in anyway. One episode to go, I'm going to guess not.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Mare of Easttown [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SPOILER ALERT
do not read this if you haven't watched the last episode.
I mean it..
(scroll down)

Wow! I didn't see that coming at all. I figured out at the beginning of the episode that he was taking the rap for someone else - most likely his wife. The son came out of nowhere, and it was believable too. Just loved the story arc from the first episode to the last one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't see it coming either. Show did a pretty good job of leaving bread crumbs that made you think you had things figured out, but then proving you wrong. I'm generally easily entertained, but i liked the show. Biggest complaint...Mare's relationship with the author wasn't really developed much, and all the sudden he's leaving town and she is really into him? Not sure it was really all that necessary. Enjoyed it though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was a neat way to finish up the series. With the amount of time left in the last episode, I figure there had to be one last misdirection left.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
It was a neat way to finish up the series. With the amount of time left in the last episode, I figure there had to be one last misdirection left.

Ending was well done, and completely unexpected.

Also realised during that episode that I know the owners of the Ross's house (I knew they lived near the house used as Mare's but didn't know theirs had been used too).
Quote Reply
Re: Mare of Easttown [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
BarryP wrote:

Also realised during that episode that I know the owners of the Ross's house (I knew they lived near the house used as Mare's but didn't know theirs had been used too).

How close do you live to the houses? I think I asked you this earlier. Are you off of the McDade exit?

Do these people live in the houses? Or do they rent them out?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
BarryP wrote:

How close do you live to the houses? I think I asked you this earlier. Are you off of the McDade exit?

The houses are in Wallingford, I'm in Drexel Hill.. we use the Route 1 exit going N or the Rte 3 exit going S.

Somebody mentioned Monday that the family we know got paid "a lot" for their house being used.. the producers also emptied all their furniture out and kept it in storage during filming.
Quote Reply
Re: Mare of Easttown [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
BarryP wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
BarryP wrote:

The houses are in Wallingford, I'm in Drexel Hill.. we use the Route 1 exit going N or the Rte 3 exit going S.

Somebody mentioned Monday that the family we know got paid "a lot" for their house being used.. the producers also emptied all their furniture out and kept it in storage during filming.

I live in a neighborhood in NYC that is the go to location for "not in NYC" shots of otherwise city based productions. Within 10 blocks of my house there are typically 4-5 things shooting at any time and we get location scout mail shots a few times a week. There are *serious* traps for the unwary. Most of the boilerplate contracts for major productions seem lucrative but allow the crews to do anything up to moving structural elements of your house as long as they get put back in the same condition...which is obviously in the eye of the beholder. We've had neighbors who's kitchen was taken out without their knowledge, friends who've had their 120 year old parquet floor destroyed, etc. etc.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: Mare of Easttown [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished the series after starting it last weekend. This was so well done. To me, it had a similar vibe as True Detective. Kate Winslet was excellent.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Mare of Easttown [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bretom wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
BarryP wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
BarryP wrote:

I live in a neighborhood in NYC that is the go to location for "not in NYC" shots of otherwise city based productions. Within 10 blocks of my house there are typically 4-5 things shooting at any time and we get location scout mail shots a few times a week. There are *serious* traps for the unwary. Most of the boilerplate contracts for major productions seem lucrative but allow the crews to do anything up to moving structural elements of your house as long as they get put back in the same condition...which is obviously in the eye of the beholder. We've had neighbors who's kitchen was taken out without their knowledge, friends who've had their 120 year old parquet floor destroyed, etc. etc.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/...ord-delaware-county/
Quote Reply
Re: Mare of Easttown [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Just finished the series after starting it last weekend. This was so well done. To me, it had a similar vibe as True Detective. Kate Winslet was excellent.

I thought it was great. And Kate Winslet was awesome as always. And I enjoyed the twists at the end and was glad they weren’t the types that were so outrageous as to not be believable.
Quote Reply

Prev Next