Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ohio May Races [GoJohnnyGo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, it appears that there will be no state restrictions to prevent racing in Ohio beginning June 2 after the Governor's announcement today that nearly all current Covid-19-related health orders will be ended on that date. Am I missing anything else related to government actions that could prevent races from taking place beginning June 2 other than local government health orders remaining in effect? I'm assuming state park permits for races will no longer be rejected after that date due to the pandemic.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: May 12, 21 21:50
Quote Reply
Re: Ohio May Races [GoJohnnyGo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another Michigan race here. It's a great course:

https://epicraces.com/events/island-lake-triathlon/
Quote Reply
Re: Ohio May Races [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got this email:

Quote:
Greenswell Events, a Central Ohio-based multisport event management company, announces the acquisition of HFP Racing, an Ohio-based multisport racing company.

“After 32 years, Jennifer and I are handing the HFP Racing torch off to Craig Thompson of Greenswell Events. We are excited for the future of HFP Racing and Craig’s commitment to Ohio multisport racing.” Shannon Kurek, Co-Owner and Race Director of HFP Racing.

“I am honored to carry on the HFP legacy and continue the path that Jennifer and Shannon have blazed for multisport racing in Ohio.” Craig Thompson, Owner of Greenswell Events. “We are also excited for the return of HFP Racing's multisport races to Ohio State parks. This year will be a transition year. We are coming off a year of no racing due to the pandemic, complying with new standards for safe return to racing set by permitting agencies, and executing the seamless integration of HFP Racing and Greenswell Events. It will be an exciting year of multisport racing in the State of Ohio.”

All Greenswell multisport races will now fall under the HFP Racing brand. Greenswell Events will continue to focus on producing world-class running, walking, and trail racing events.

All HFP Racing and Greenswell athletes who have registered for 2021 races will be contacted the week of May 17 with their 2021 race options.

There will be tris at Deer Creek (6/6, 8/1, 9/26), Caesar Ck (6/27) & Alum Ck (8/29).

I did the first HFP tri in 1989 and have attended at least one of their events every year since. No organization has provided me with more racing mojo than HFP Racing. Never-ending thanks to Shannon and Jennifer and their staff and volunteers through the years. Best wishes to all! I hope Shannon can return to racing some of the HFP branded tris like he did for many years.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: May 13, 21 13:12
Quote Reply
Re: Ohio May Races [jeremyscarroll] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeremyscarroll wrote:
Another Michigan race here. It's a great course:

https://epicraces.com/events/island-lake-triathlon/

Grand Rapids Tri just opened up some additional spots
Quote Reply
Re: Ohio May Races [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Craig is a good dude - did a little training with him from 01-04 when back home for the summer. The races will be in good hands.
Quote Reply

Prev Next