Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommendations for Spin Bike with Power
Quote | Reply
Going to be expanding the home gym with some kind of monthly membership for Tonal/Mirror/Echelon, etc.
I like Echelon because they have rowing and spin classes, and my wife loves to do both (main reason for the new equipment). I've just added a power meter to her road bike since she just got back into road riding a few weeks ago and we'd like to be able to have power data on her spin bike.

I know DCRainmaker reviewed the Peloton Power Data Broadcaster (DFC), but I don't think we'll necessarily be getting a peloton bike. I'm sure there are other brands that are popular and we can likely find in local classifieds or FB marketplace, etc.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Don't necessarily have a budget, just want something of decent quality.

Thanks for the help!
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations for Spin Bike with Power [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife and I have the Stages SB20 Smart Bike with Fulgaz (we love it) it's the most quiet bike i've never heard.

We were early adopters of Trainerroad with our bikes\power meters and kurt Kinetic road machine. With may years of racing PR results.
downfall was the trainer was loud ~70-82 db

The switch to Fulgaz this year as they allow 2 users on 1 account.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations for Spin Bike with Power [heliix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heliix wrote:
My wife and I have the Stages SB20 Smart Bike with Fulgaz (we love it) it's the most quiet bike i've never heard.

We were early adopters of Trainerroad with our bikes\power meters and kurt Kinetic road machine. With may years of racing PR results.

So you have two stages bikes or one?
If you have only one I'm curious how easily it can be set up for 2 users regarding adjustability
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also have the Stages SB20, it is really easy to adjust. It only takes about a minute to adjust from one user to another.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Recommendations for Spin Bike with Power [null-and-void] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
null-and-void wrote:
Chan wrote:
heliix wrote:

So you have two stages bikes or one?
If you have only one I'm curious how easily it can be set up for 2 users regarding adjustability

I also have a Stages SB20. I’ve ridden it many thousands of miles and no issues. It adjusts as easy as a typical spin bike. Highly recommended.

Does it have a "spin mode"? I think my wife would want to follow peloton or similar classes. Whereas I'd just be zwifting?

I do like the idea of the SB20 bc it has the potential to have shifting in aero bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you want a smart bike w/power (i.e. the bike’s resistance can be controlled by apps like Zwift), or a traditional spin bike but where you can see power readings. If it’s the latter, consider a traditional spin bike and attach some power pedals. That’s going to be a lot more accurate (Peloton’s power reading is +/-10 whereas a pedal based pm is 1-2%).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: May 29, 21 16:35
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations for Spin Bike with Power [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Do you want a smart bike w/power (i.e. the bike’s resistance can be controlled by apps like Zwift), or a traditional spin bike but where you can see power readings. If it’s the latter, consider a traditional spin bike and attach some power pedals. That’s going to be a lot more accurate (Peloton’s power reading is +/-10 whereas a pedal based pm is 1-2%).

Wife is canceling her hotworx subscription. She enjoys spinning there. Anyway, she wants to spin at home and I was originally looking for a spin bike with power. I saw some of the higher ends had an add on for displaying power. However I personally want a smart bike. I really like wahoo but it's the most expensive out there.

I do like the idea if a cheap spin bike and power pedals. That should serve us well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can get some reasonable quality spin bikes on Amazon. A decade ago I got this one: https://www.amazon.com/...22334959&sr=8-19 and now my wife uses it. It's solidly built, and similar to the schwinn studio spin bikes from the 90's (note: like the studio bikes it's a fixie, so no coasting). There are updated versions down as low as $200 shipped (https://www.amazon.com/...622335277&sr=8-6).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply