Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Vaccination and Training [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good points. However, I've read the book "The Haywire Heart" and believe at age 63, I am exactly the type of person who might be susceptible to a heart arrhythmia based on a lifetime of endurance exercise and racing. So I don't casually dismiss any exhortations to be careful, and I'm always assessing my fitness and general health. But at the same time, I'm not stopping either. Same thing with COVID and COVID vax. I'm staying attuned, but if I feel fine, I'm not stopping training (or racing). YMMV is a very apt motto here.
Quote Reply
Re: Vaccination and Training [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Vaccination and Training [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/lifestyle/health-and-wellness/why-doing-exercise-before-you-have-your-vaccine-is-a-good-idea-20210415-p57jet.html

Interesting.

Yes, that was interesting. Confirms my own sense of what to do. This was my plan and it worked out well:

Day before vax: hard zwift workout (TdZ long stage)
Day of vax: 30 minute run 1 hr before vax
Day 1 post-vax: No workouts. Woke up feeling fine but got very fatigued around noon. Had a nap.
Day 2: Easy bike (Trainerroad Dans) watching HR. All good.
Day 3: 30' Z2 run
Day 4: 45' Z2 ride
Day 5: 45' run (easy w/strides)
Day 6: 90' ride w/6'@VO2max to take a KOM

And then back to full-on training. I think erred on the side of caution here but prioritized recovery/minimal side-effects, and facilitating immune response. Will likely do things similarly for Dose #2.
Quote Reply

Prev Next