Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Boston 2021 - registration closes today
Quote | Reply
Who's throwing their hat in the ring?
Thoughts on what the time buffer will need to be?
I've got 5 minutes and if it was previous years would say I have a "fair" chance.
Because of the 20k limit to field I'm giving myself slim chance to none (and perhaps slim just left the building)?
Either way- will be interesting to see how it all pans out ................
Quote Reply
Re: Boston 2021 - registration closes today [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 5:38 under the standard and signed up. Fully expect to not get in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After years of having qualifying times of between 1:00 and 5:00 under, I qualified in 2019 with an 11:30 cushion. I figured that for the first time I wouldn’t have the anxiety of wondering whether my time would get me in. Well, no such luck. I’ve applied and still have to wait and see.

Good luck everyone!
Quote Reply
Re: Boston 2021 - registration closes today [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I applied and have a 17:22 cushion but even that does not make me feel super confident. But I did book a room.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I submitted mine Tuesday. Wish selection was based upon how "fresh" your BQ time was as mine is just two weeks old :) Unfortunately I only have a couple of minutes cushion but it was my first BQ so I had to submit the application (can't win if you don't play)!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I signed up at -19:54. Confident enough to have already purchased my refundable airline ticket, but not confident enough to have purchased non-refundable hotels. The lack of confidence is due to not being 100% convinced that there will be a live race. Will take a wait and see approach for the hotel room reservation.

Quote | Reply
The whole idea of "Here is the time you need to qualify BUT there's another time you need to get in, which is significantly quicker, so good luck" always confounds me - and please don't explain it to me, again - I get it; it's just confounding

Just like the Jedi, the Cult of Boston needs to End

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have close to 7 minutes buffer. Last year would have been my first Boston so I am really hoping this year I can make it in. I wish they would limit the charity runners instead of those who actually qualified, but then they wouldn't make as much money.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what is date that they let everyone know if they qualified or not?
Quote Reply
Re: Boston 2021 - registration closes today [Greyhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They haven't given a date, they just say "early May."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BQ -7:47 is the time standard for this fall's race.

I haven't received my acceptance letter yet, but they seem to be emailing them out on a rolling basis rather than in one shot.

They also announced the following:

"The qualifying window for the 2022 Boston Marathon will begin on September 1, 2019 and will continue through the conclusion of the to-be-announced 2022 Boston Marathon registration period later this fall."

Which has me wondering if I can use the same qualifying race (took place 12/2019) to register for the 2022 race that I'm using to register for this year's race?

https://www.baa.org/...cceptances-announced
Last edited by: craigj532: May 4, 21 12:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the email this am. Maybe they are going by AG?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My assumption is yes, we can use the Fall 2019 races for 2021 and 2022. My qualifying race was Philly in Nov 2019.
Quote Reply
Re: Boston 2021 - registration closes today [hiker726] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think 2022 race goes back up in total size or they keep the total number down at 20,000 participants?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got my email of Notice of Non-Acceptance today. Didn’t really expect to get it but still disappointed. May do the option to do the “virtual” run.
Quote Reply