Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 70.3 Lubbock, what to expect ? [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those winds were pretty solid going out! I am a bit disappointed with my effort on the bike yesterday, just not a great day but looking back now it’s comical, at times I could hardly get 20mph out of myself down in aero lol coming back was fun though! On the opposite there was a solid 15miles of 30-31mph on very little effort haha

I didn’t mind the run.. the volunteers were all great and at each aid station as I was approaching I would tell out “this is the new finish line?!” And they would laugh. I didn’t even look at the map before the run, going in blind made it easier to not mile count.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lubbock, what to expect ? [jaja518] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The wind definitely surprised me. I was really happy with my bike though, despite forgetting my computer in the car in the morning I managed to keep a normal/average power even throughout the ride! (Had my watch, just didn't want to keep turning my wrist to check it.)

I also liked the run course. It helped me break up the 13 miles into mental chunks that I could manage. Took the run out a little hot, but I'm blaming that on having a tailwind from T2 to campus! Volunteers were awesome, and when we ran by spectators they were great too. My feelings on this may have also been influenced by the fact that I raced the best I had since pre-pandemic and had a blast the whole day.

KJ
Swim and Triathlon Coach
AllTerrainEndurance.com
KJ@allterrainendurance.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next