Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can anyone cast their eyes over my fit please - 22/04
Quote | Reply
Hi wonderful community,
I have been reading and hopefully learning lots from this forum and I would welcome any feedback you would have on my bike fit for Triathlon events (longer distances rather than sprints).
Getting an "in-person" fit is not possible at this time but would be super-greatful for any pointers that can be given.

From my lay-person view, looking at the video, I wonder if saddle is too high and as a result leg is in more extension at the bottom of the stroke, but as I say, I'm learning! :-)
At the moment it feels like I'm recruiting quads more than on my road bike, but that could just be an overall position difference.

Kickr Core is not plugged in, so "normal"-ish cadence is around 10seconds onwards. My natural cadence seems to be around 85-95.

Oh, and I will be looking for a more aero helmet! :-)

Thanks in advance!
Anthony
Last edited by: sceptre: Apr 22, 21 14:37
Quote Reply
Re: Can anyone cast their eyes over my fit please - 22/04 [sceptre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What saddle are you using?

What is your crank arm length?
Quote Reply
Re: Can anyone cast their eyes over my fit please - 22/04 [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
What saddle are you using?

What is your crank arm length?

It’s an ISM 1.1, and cranks are 165mm.
Quote Reply
Re: Can anyone cast their eyes over my fit please - 22/04 [sceptre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sceptre wrote:
Hi wonderful community,
I have been reading and hopefully learning lots from this forum and I would welcome any feedback you would have on my bike fit for Triathlon events (longer distances rather than sprints).
Getting an "in-person" fit is not possible at this time but would be super-greatful for any pointers that can be given.

FWIW, I had a few drinks in me one Friday night and almost bought that exact bike off Ebay. It HAS to be the same one given the decals on it being so unique. The PlanetX Exo was on my short list of upgrade bikes. I scored a silly good deal on a two year old Trinity Pro instead.

My only thing right now watching that is for some reason the cool weather top makes you look a bit cramped. Can you slide back on the saddle if you wanted to? Or rotate your hips more? Stop the video at 23 seconds where you stop pedaling and kind of look down to your right. Look at the posture right there in particular.

Other thing, you responded to a poster that those are 165 cranks. For some reason watching that foot action during the stroke just doesn't rub me as what I normally see from folks who run 165's or shorter.

I'm not an expert, wait for those to show up in here. But if it were me I'd figure out what can rotate your hips a bit more and maybe a tad more reach to not look so cramped with the way your back looks. Rotating the hips might resolve the cramping without any reach change.
Quote Reply
Re: Can anyone cast their eyes over my fit please - 22/04 [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha! It's definitely recognisable livery for sure!

In terms of saddle, I'm currently more on the nose and could definitely sit further back. I guess some of this may just be acclimatisation to the bike, and that spending more time further back would help.
Also, the saddle itself could go further back if needed.

The elbow pads could go one hole further forwards, and there is a little more length available in the extensions.
Quote Reply
Re: Can anyone cast their eyes over my fit please - 22/04 [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is actually a standard paintjob for the exocet 3! More common than you think!

https://acprestation.se/
Quote Reply
Re: Can anyone cast their eyes over my fit please - 22/04 [Cerpan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cerpan wrote:
That is actually a standard paintjob for the exocet 3! More common than you think!

I believe you're right @Cerpan. I certainly saw a few advertised while I was looking for mine.
Quote Reply