Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Vaccination rates dropping fast [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

About 300 Americans are dying every day, still. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much sympathy should we be having for those who are choosing to go unvaccinated and end up dying of COVID? It would be good if the families of these people might become vocal in their local communities and say, "Look what happened to Bill, who chose to not get vaccinated. Get the shot!"

Won't help...they'd just say Bill must have been sick/or weak and brush it off.

My dad and step-mom(from Northern AL, dad is vaccinated/step-mom got COVID back in February mild case but still can't taste most foods) visited last month and told us about the local high school principal at the school she had worked at until last year(early COVID retirement) who got COVID and died. Pillar of the community he was only 45 or 46 and in decent shape. I asked if she thought that changed anyone's mind about getting the vaccine and she said very bluntly "no". sad thing was he was suppose to be vaccinated, but a board meeting got called and he missed the appt. He was told to go straight to the hospital after the meeting, no wait, they would be expecting him, but he never did.

My wife and I were vacationing with them and my half-sister(25) and her husband(25)(husband was the one who gave my sister and stepmom COVID from a business trip) this past week. We tried to have a frank conversation with them that they still needed to get vaccinated. They threw out every deflection in the book.

Step-mom is monitoring her Antibody level(which is at least one positive) and her doctor told her she didn't need to get it yet.

Sister - wants to get pregnant, but saw on Facebook that the vaccine causes infertility and her friend's OBGYN is telling her friend who has fertility issues not to get it. We crushed the FB issue with data and showed her she is x20 times more likely to be hospitalized if she gets COVID, but that didn't move the needle. She was thinking she should be fine since her mother's antibodies are still good and they got sick at the same time. I politely informed her that everyone is going to be different, and she has no guarantee it will be the same or last as long. She is at least going to start getting hers checked next month.

Her husband is the typical "it didn't affect me last time, even if I get it again I'll be fine" macho guy. I told him he "is probably right, but you need to think about your wife. If she's not going to get vaccinated you need to do it to protect her." Again, didn't move the needle.

During the whole conversation I picked up on tidbits of Foxnews BS - calling the vaccine "experimental", saying they are more likely to die from the vaccine than from COVID, and other insane stuff.
I think what blew me away the most was that their Drs weren't encouraging it. If you can't get push from the medical community everything else is just noise.
Quote Reply
Re: Vaccination rates dropping fast [ubdawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ubdawg wrote:
I think what blew me away the most was that their Drs weren't encouraging it. If you can't get push from the medical community everything else is just noise.

That's very discouraging.
Quote Reply

Prev Next