Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is LIONel the TIGER Woods of triathlon? [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
WHITEJM74 wrote:

What really makes me happy is seeing all the people who can't stand Lionel being the topic of discussion taking the time to respond. The condescending responses are even more amusing.

No, you have it wrong. Most of use are indifferent and bored, passing the time at a desk job we hate, until we can get off work and go riding. Trolling Lionel fanboys makes the time pass.

this is remarkably depressing.

Agreed. Some mentally sick and twisted people on here.
Quote Reply
Re: Is LIONel the TIGER Woods of triathlon? [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread is hilarious. Lionel is awesome and people in this sport know his name well, Tiger Woods is known by EVERYONE, golf or not the world round. Particularly well known by Denny's waitresses too. ;)
Last edited by: turdburgler: Apr 20, 21 8:22
Quote Reply
Re: Is LIONel the TIGER Woods of triathlon? [vonagut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vonagut wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:

Insultingly silly.
It's not possible to identify or empathise with someone of a different nationality and/or ethnicity? That's just stupid.

I never said nor implied that it's not possible to empathize with someone of a different nationality or ethnicity. DFW was clearly not empathizing with anyone who may have watched Tiger and thought "he's kind of like me" by denying that such a person could exist.

I have watched Tiger and thought pretty much those exact words as a half filipino kid from southern california who played a lot of golf growing up. My friends on the high school golf team felt the same. DFW was annoyed because he meant it in terms of Tiger's golf skill. But however he meant it, the statement as written is just wrong.

But I shouldn't have used a different racial group; I should have just used my own story. Apologies for that. Actually, I shouldn't have responded at all, but here we are.

Of course I meant it in relation to golf skill. Don’t inject a racial component to the conversation that has nothing to do with race. How dare you. no I’m not wrong. Not even a little. you were taking my statement about no one ever felt they were like Tiger too literally.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Apr 20, 21 18:52
Quote Reply

Prev Next