Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saddle issues
Quote | Reply
I’ve been sidelined for about six weeks now with a groin/hip injury. My adductor gracilis on both sides is really messed up and painful and my hip flexors have also been an issue. Had an MRI and finally got some cortisone shots today. I’m hoping to get back to running and biking soon and I suspect that it was the biking (indoor trainer) that did the damage to the adductors as the gracilis is right there....I could feel it when riding as things were getting worse before I finically had to stop training. Now that I’m preparing to get back into it, I’m rethinking my saddle. I’ve got an ISM PN 3.0 and I’m wondering if the nose of this saddle is too wide for me....I was on it for quite a while before this happened, so I’m not entirely sure if it’s the saddle, but I hadn’t had this issue in previous years. I was thinking of zip tying the rails together to try to squeeze them in and narrow the nose. Does anyone have recommendations for a saddle with a more narrow nose? Anyone ever experience a similar issue?
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle issues [SBRmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumping this one
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cobb SHC DRT. eBay has some for good prices.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle issues [TheWhiteCarrot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. Have you used one of these on a tri bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bisaddle, you can make it as narrow, or wide, as you want
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use it on my road bike. But my position is very aggressive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had the same thing happen to me. Ditched the ISM and went with Cobb Randee for indoor trainer bike. It's much more comfortable. I tried the zip tie thing on the ISM for a while but the saddle was still too wide and the saddle cover material began to wear off.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle issues [Yeti racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeti racer wrote:
Had the same thing happen to me. Ditched the ISM and went with Cobb Randee for indoor trainer bike. It's much more comfortable. I tried the zip tie thing on the ISM for a while but the saddle was still too wide and the saddle cover material began to wear off.

What do u use for racing/outdoor training?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got one of these recently. Liking it so far for training. Not ridden in anger yet. Wouldn't use it for TT though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using the Fizik tritone with some success but eventually the Cobb Randee might replace all of them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
glad i found this thread. is the cobb randee good for tri use beside for indoor cycling?
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle issues [addictr1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I use a Cobb Randee on my TT bike outside and I like it.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle issues [cjhigh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks good. I ordered one and coming next Monday. Can’t wait to try it out
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle issues [Yeti racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeti racer wrote:

When you switched out the ISM for the randee, did you move the seat up when you installed the randee in comparison to where the ism was? Distance between nose of saddle on the randee and the pads a few centimeters shorter than nose to pads distance with the ISM? I’m curious because I’ve heard that since the saddles are designed to be sat on differently, you may need to do that to maintain the same fit.
Quote Reply