Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ulnar nerve entrapement, help?
Quote | Reply
My ortho says I have ulnar nerve entrapement at the elbow (Cubital tunnel syndrome). I agree. His suggestions are to wear a pressure strap (for Golfer's Elbow) and wear a wrist brace, to prevent extension and flexion of the wrist, for 6 weeks. After the 6 weeks, we will reevaluate and decide if surgery is warranted. Anyone have experience with this ailment? Suggestions? Feedback? Comments?

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Re: Ulnar nerve entrapement, help? [zeusrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don’t accept a carpenter tell you you have faulty wiring - go see a neurologist (or PMR) and have an EMG/NCV and neuromuscular ultrasound test done. Good luck!

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Ulnar nerve entrapement, help? [zeusrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife has it. It’s not fun for her but she also doesn’t do shit to try to help it most days... so there’s that. I think for hers they can just open the tunnel a bit and it should be good. I don’t really mind surgery so I would have just got it done. She doesn’t handle it really well though.

That said, if they have to do surgery and they have to move it. That is a horrible experience. I had my ulnar nerve snapping over the medial condyle in my elbow. Basically anything like a push-up motion would hurt it. They had to move it under the muscles in my forearm. That was a new kind of pain I don’t want to deal with again so hopefully it’s an easier fix than moving it.
Quote Reply
Re: Ulnar nerve entrapement, help? [DrTriKat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DrTriKat wrote:
Don’t accept a carpenter tell you you have faulty wiring - go see a neurologist (or PMR) and have an EMG/NCV and neuromuscular ultrasound test done. Good luck!

Could not agree more!
Quote Reply