Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt B2 Frame (2013) issue with SRAM RED Etap AXS 12 speed ?
Quote | Reply
Hello Together,

after upgrading my Felt Road Bike (FC1 from 2012) to SRAM RED AXS 12 speed without any issues, I asked the bike shop to make the same upgrade to my TT bike.

The TT bike is based on a Felt B2 frame from 2013 (identical to the actual Felt B model).

Following was done.

1. Zipp 808 NSW wheel upgraded to XDR free hub and SRAM Red AXS 10-28 cassette mounted
2. SRAM RED AXS Aero 48T 1x drivetrain mounted with CeramicSpeed Bearing (DUB/BB30) bottom bracket
3. SRAM Red AXS chain mounted

The problem now is that the chain is rubbing on the frame when in the smallest gear (10t).
Second, when shifting back into the second smallest gear (11t) the chain blocks completely.

Is the Felt B frame not compatible with SRAM RED AXS 12 speed drivetrain ?

What can be the issue ?

I appreciate any feedback.

Regards,
Alexander
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B2 Frame (2013) issue with SRAM RED Etap AXS 12 speed ? [a_zweyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
which part of the frame is the chain rubbing on? what's blocking it?

make sure that the shop installed the driver on the freehub correctly. in my experience that's the part that most often goes wrong.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B2 Frame (2013) issue with SRAM RED Etap AXS 12 speed ? [a_zweyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
check whether you got the right freehub body. Xd's spline is 5.4mm and Xdr's is 7.2mm (to accommodate wider cassette, ex) road cassettes are wider around 1.8mm than mtb's) so Xdr have more inward position to the centre of the hub.

Stay home, stay healthy.
Last edited by: Peter Ghimme: Apr 16, 21 9:03
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B2 Frame (2013) issue with SRAM RED Etap AXS 12 speed ? [Peter Ghimme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peter Ghimme wrote:
check whether you got the right freehub body. Xd's spline is 5.4mm and Xdr's is 7.2mm (to accommodate wider cassette, ex) road cassettes are wider around 1.8mm than mtb's) so Xdr have more inward position to the centre of the hub.

I put a xd free hub and it did the exact same thing. You need a xdr free hub I would strongly bet. And here comes the madness of xdr is that they may not have one for your wheel/)
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B2 Frame (2013) issue with SRAM RED Etap AXS 12 speed ? [hueby416] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

I bought the 2x XDR freehubs for the NSW303 (Road) and NSW808 (Tri) at the same time at the same shop.
The related end caps have been ordered by the bike shop.
The upgraded NSW303 on the Road bike works perfect on the Road bike, not tested on the Tri bike yet.

The bike shop put a 1mm shim outside of the cassette and it worked perfect yesterday on a 90 km ride.

I do believe that something is wrong with the cassette sitting on the freehub and/or the end caps.
Quote Reply