Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTC a little Frustrated no response- Tulsa
Quote | Reply
All: this is not meant to be a "beat up" on WTC, so please don't jump on this wagon, but a couple comments and looking for help.

* I have reached out to Ironman Tulsa 3x with some fairly meaningful practical question(s). I know some businesses are tougher to run than others in the pandemic and WTC is one of those (I am pretty certain), but as a consume it is frustrating when I/we have multiple entry fees out there on races that are postponed, cancelled or undetermined and we cannot get a response. I would still expect and hope WTC would provide responses even if it is "we don't know."

Re: Tulsa?

1. Does anybody know where and what the race headquarters hotel is? I am trying to book hotel rooms for my family and make it as easy as possible. I cannot get a response?
  2. Does anybody know what the process is for awards, rolldown etc. I am trying to understand for important business meetings I have back home (flights out of Tulsa to Seattle). there is no easy way to get back to Seattle.
  3. I am still trying to confirm if I am even registered (no athletes guide yet)

Thanks. Hang in there WTC. I know it has been a rugged experience. It will make us all better and hopefully stronger.

Thanks for any help out there.
Quote Reply
Re: WTC a little Frustrated no response- Tulsa [1963jmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1st:

https://www.ironman.com/im-tulsa-travel

Half way down the page.

2nd: It will likely be a virtual slot allocation that is done via e-mail. Though it's entirely possible they do the normal in person slot allocation. If you really want that slot, I wouldn't book travel until late afternoon the day after the race to make sure you are covered.

3rd: Check your active account. You can see the list of events you are registered for.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: WTC a little Frustrated no response- Tulsa [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve: thank you. I saw the hotels earlier but it doesn't say which one is the headquarters hotel. The bottom line is I am looking for a nice hotel near the run finish for my wife and family (long day, go in the hotel, get out of the sun, use the restroom, watch other racers, walking distance to the finish etc. Similar to King Kamehameha in Kona (close to the finish).

I google map the area and I am still confused. I never did real well in HS geography so it might be my issue as well. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have learned that it is far easier and faster to find out info on all WTC and Challenge events via their race specific Facebook pages. The Ironman run pages seem to have a fairly high rate of reply from the individual race organizers and the "Training for" or "Supporter" pages (Tulsa has a few) have loads of people to find out info from.
Good luck.

IRONMAN Tulsa | Facebook
IRONMAN Tulsa 2021 | Facebook
IRONMAN TULSA 2021 (OKLAHOMA) | Facebook
>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just go to a site like Hotels.com and put in the address for the race finish (Guthrie Green @111 E Reconciliation Way) so you can see ALL the hotels available and their exact distance on a map to the finish line. I will tell you that there are slim pickings left though.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Re: WTC a little Frustrated no response- Tulsa [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you everybody. Super helpful. I just locked down two hotel rooms at the Hyatt for 4 nights. According to Hotel.com it is .5 mile away. Darn it, if our Congress would only be as helpful to one another as the Slowtwitch Forum was to me, the sky would be the limit.

Thank you. Jeff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Glad it worked out. Cheers

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply