Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Finis - Smart goggles / FORM competitor
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this was already discussed but saw an add about FINIS joining the smart goggles market.

Pre-order at $235

https://www.finisswim.com/...FEAAYASAAEgIqn_D_BwE

I never tried/bought the FORM goggles because of the price tag, these been even a little more expensive for sure will not drop that amount of money for a pair of goggles.

I’m from old school pace clock on the deck, even if I have Garmin 945 don’t wear it during my workouts because it disrupts my starts and touches of the wall by trying to push the lap button. I know there’s sort of mode to detect when you aren’t moving but it has a little delayed.

Back to the topic, always nice to see new technology to the swim. Maybe this will bring down the price by having more competition in this niche, we will see.

Here’s more details that I copied from FINIS website... There’s a video presentation of the goggles and see someone swimming open water but can’t find any details about GPS. So just assuming it’s only usage in open water perhaps been elapsed time...

Details-
The Smart Goggle, Powered by Ciye™, is designed to help swimmers improve and meet their fitness goals. The in-goggle display and activity tracker gives real-time feedback to help you track your distance and time allowing you to get the most out of your swim. Once you’re out of the water, the app provides in-depth analysis of your workouts, logs your history, and allows you to connect with friends and fitness apps.

Features-
  • DIGITAL DISPLAY: The digital display allows swimmers to track laps, splits, time, and rest in the corner of your eye. A customizable view enables swimmers to adjust the display based on optical needs.
  • ACTIVITY TRACKING: No more watches–Smart Coach automatically tracks laps, distance, stroke count, stroke type, calories, and more
  • CIYEâ„¢ SWIM APP: The Ciyeâ„¢ app lets you review in-depth analytics, customize your Smart Coach digital display, and share your workouts with friends and fitness apps, like Strava. Available through the Apple Store or Google Play
  • INTERCHANGEABLE SMART COACH: The Smart Coach module can be inserted and removed from the goggle lens for easy and affordable goggle replacement
  • IN THE BOX: This kit includes: goggles, Smart Coach module, magnetic USB charging cable, and six adjustable nose bridges

Quote Reply
Re: Finis - Smart goggles / FORM competitor [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This goggle allows for easy goggle replacement. That looks to be the difference to me and I think it’s really an important one. With the form goggles once the lenses get old and scratched you would want to toss em?
Quote Reply