Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tribike Sizing Question
Quote | Reply
Hi Everyone,

Preparing to purchase my next ride. I've been in touch with a few shops and looked around online a bit and, as of this moment at least, narrowed it down to the following bikes. I was hoping I could get some input on which of the bikes would be best for me given the attached Retul fit numbers. I've read Slowman's article (which is great by the way) and gone to work comparing the geometry numbers to the fit numbers in the attached, but am really just looking for some second opinions before pulling the trigger on the purchase. My fitter told me that all three of these bikes could work, so I guess I am also wondering if any one of the bikes is better for me than another. I'd greatly appreciate any feedback/input. Also happy to take recommendations outside of what is listed below-if these fit numbers scream a certain bike.

BMC Timemachine Size M-L https://www.bmc-switzerland.com/...ine-01-disc-one.html

Giant Trinity Advanced Pro Size M https://www.giant-bicycles.com/...advanced-pro-1-force

Cervelo P-Series Size 54 https://www.cervelo.com/en_US/p-series

Last edited by: Persia1921: Apr 12, 21 10:12
Quote Reply
Re: Tribike Sizing Question [Persia1921] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which saddles did you try during the fit session?

Which saddle are your fit numbers based on?
Quote Reply
Re: Tribike Sizing Question [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Specialized Sitero.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The saddle setback is shown as 20mm. The notation under that says that a "-" would mean that the nose is behind the bottom bracket. Since there is no - sign, that means that the nose would be in front of the bottom bracket. Is that correct?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many thanks for the reply - I'll have to ask. I think that is correct, but I honestly don't have a specific recollection of that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did you select the Sitero saddle?

Did you try any of the ISM or Cobb saddles?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been using the Sitero for the past couple of years and like it. I actually did try an ISM (did not try a Cobb) as well, but preferred the Sitero.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The 54 P-series isn't as good a fit as the 56. With the 56 you still have room to lower bars in future if needed but will have better stability on the longer frame.

Your fit report doesn't show the angle on the armpads, which changes the numbers above.

Drop the Giant from your list - they may look like good value but the bars simply aren't adjustable enough and you usually end up having to spend quite a bit to get them sorted.

The BMC I just realised I need to update my calculation sheet but have run out of time. The M-L fits very similarly to the P-Series 56 and would be a good choice.
Quote Reply