Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How do you service (lube?) the TRP brakes on a QR Illicito?
Quote | Reply
Neighbor has a QR Illicito and points out that his front TRP brakes lack any recoil (you pull the lever and the brake pads essentially stay on the rim). I would assume they need to be lubed but not being familiar with these, am not sure where the best point is. Or, if this is a common issue and there is something else to adjust. I don't mind doing the work, but want to avoid screwing up his brakes. Thank you

Quote Reply
Re: How do you service (lube?) the TRP brakes on a QR Illicito? [A527G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If things happen to go tits up, I have a couple of these brakes lying around somewhere and will unload them for cheap. I have an Illicito and didn't want to deal with the brakes, so got a new fork and use TriRig brakes instead. The TRP brakes I have are essentially brand new....just need to find them.

Re: How do you service (lube?) the TRP brakes on a QR Illicito? [A527G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brakes don't get lubed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If there's dirt in the pivot points, this can happen. Flush them out with WD40 and see if that helps.
Quote Reply