Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling Streaming Subscription Overload
Quote | Reply
From this article. "If you want to watch legit streams, you need three streaming packages this year, for as much as $265."

https://cyclingtips.com/...g-in-the-us-in-2021/

Plus not sure how NBC sports changing to "Peacock Premium" will impact. Curious if anyone has already have GCN+ and Flobike subscriptions and what you think of them?

Thanks.

Last edited by: Howe: Apr 9, 21 11:06
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Streaming Subscription Overload [Howe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Howe wrote:
Plus not sure how NBC sports changing to "Peacock Premium" will impact. Curious if anyone has already have GCN+ and Flobike subscriptions and what you think of them?

The services, in NA (specifically in the USA) do not overlap coverage. So if you want to want Race A, you need to sub to Streaming Service A; if you want to watch Race B, you need to sub to Streaming Service B, etc.

So, the race(s) one wants to watch will dictate the service(s) to which one must subscribe.

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The video feeds on all 3 are generally good (they just get the Eurosport feeds and voiceover, generally).

GCN+, in my opinion, has the best announcing, and the app has really good details on the route, previews, etc.

Picking one, I'd pick GCN. Certainly the best value. Flo asking $150 for Worlds, Flanders, and some 2nd-tier races....not the best value.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Streaming Subscription Overload [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Picking one, I'd pick GCN. Certainly the best value. Flo asking $150 for Worlds, Flanders, and some 2nd-tier races....not the best value.

Haven't tried GCN yet but I always felt like I was getting ripped off at a flea market when subscribing to Flo. The price to value provided ratio is way off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flo is a rip off. GCN+ is great. Highly recommend adding a VPN so that you can watch the races that are only broadcast in certain locations too.

Bought GCN+ when it was half off for $25. Then added Tunnelbear VPN for a year for "free" via this deal: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/...scription-50-get-56/

Coverage is fantastic and there are races nearly every day
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GCN plus a VPN cannot be beat. About 75 for the year. Nearly all the races, maybe all —I havent missed one yet. Pretty sure that’s what Chris Horner is using as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Streaming Subscription Overload [J7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote here for GCN+.
I'm in the UK so not had to use a VPN (not yet anyway).
Coverage has been really good on the Classics I've watched so far.
Some other content I'm interested in too (some of the non racing stuff) for when using the turbo - I just can't get interested in Zwift.

Got it on the £20 start-up deal here for the year. Bargain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just share the subscriptions like everyone does on Netflix.

I do.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Streaming Subscription Overload [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like others have already posted, I signed up for GCN+ when it was $25, it has been worth every penny.
I can't comment on Flo as I haven't used it.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Streaming Subscription Overload [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For anyone using GCN+ and VPN, are you using your US subscription and logging in through VPN to get access as if you were in another country?
Or is your subscription through VPN separate from US subscription, and you have a UK subscription for example?
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Streaming Subscription Overload [ChrisC42780] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
VPN first - pick a country in the region that the GCN app says that the race is available for (i.e. GCN "available in Europe and Asia Pacific" choose Netherlands). Then open GCN app as usual, pick your race during live airing time and the feed will start.
Last edited by: vabchtriguy: Apr 12, 21 10:55
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Streaming Subscription Overload [ChrisC42780] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisC42780 wrote:
For anyone using GCN+ and VPN, are you using your US subscription and logging in through VPN to get access as if you were in another country?
Or is your subscription through VPN separate from US subscription, and you have a UK subscription for example?

I'm in Canada and have my GCN+ subscription as Canada based. When a GCN broadcast is geo-blocked in Canada, I turn on my VPN (usually to UK or Australia) with the same Canada based log in credentials. I.e., the geo-blocking is based on IP address/device location; not your account billing address.
Quote Reply