Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Experience with online meal prep/food delivery services? [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Economist wrote:
odpaul7 wrote:
I enjoy Home Chef a lot but I only think these services are cost effective if you have a referral or discount from something. The only time I treat myself is when I can talk one of my friends into HC because we both get $35 off! Haha. Otherwise it’s really expensive. But it’s ALWAYS delicious

We get Home Chef 3-4 times a week, depending on meals. It all but killed our grocery bill. The small premium was worth having a prepped recipe and meal.

Definitely Home Chef. We are 2-3 years into it doing 4 meals a week.

We've tried most of the others including Purple Carrot. Home Chef had the perfect balance of preparation, freshness, cost, and variety(12+ choices per week). With the recent protein substitution option even our no pork is not a limitation.

For just the 2 of us and the fact our freezer is a black hole it is almost impossible to grocery shop. Dining out is a lot more expensive and we consciously have to ask for a box as soon as the food is put on the table otherwise we double up on calories.

The negative is the delivery is inconsistent! We are around 30 miles from their Bedford Park facility yet around once a month our food gets delayed or cancelled. Sometimes it is them sometimes it is the carrier. Even though we have been a long-term customer their customer service is marginal.

One of my former co-workers has used nearly a dozen different emails to maximize the discounts. We pay full price as we need them in business and profitable as we NEVER want to go back to grocery shopping every week.

Swim - Bike - Run the rest is just clothing changes.
Quote Reply

Prev Next