Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Oh, woe is us. The sad beaver (Canadian) thread [deantrives] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turned out really easy, got in a bad wreck and broke collarbone and my wrist. Got my pcr test while in emergency to head home early tomorrow. You need to find an urgent care that offers 24/48 hours turn around, be prepared to pay $200 US for the test. Don't waist your time with CSV or Walgreens they do not guarantee result timing. Good luck in IM choo!
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, woe is us. The sad beaver (Canadian) thread [davegibb26.2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some airports are also offering pcr tests for Canada. Got one at DFW Airport (make sure it is the right test for Canada you need the full lab test not the 60 minute pcr tests) unfortunately costs was 225 for same day results.
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, woe is us. The sad beaver (Canadian) thread [davegibb26.2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, that sure sucks. Sorry to hear of your accident, hope you heal well and properly…… ugh! And thanks for the tip on urgent care facilities..
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, woe is us. The sad beaver (Canadian) thread [TriDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
would sure make it simple if all airports offered PCR testing…. Likely won’t be long before the business end of Covid is more convenient.
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, woe is us. The sad beaver (Canadian) thread [deantrives] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
deantrives wrote:
would sure make it simple if all airports offered PCR testing…. Likely won’t be long before the business end of Covid is more convenient.

From what I understand that is what they do at Dubai airport and you can't leave until the results are generated. Once the results are clear, you can float around in the local economy freely
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, woe is us. The sad beaver (Canadian) thread [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
After thinking it over, it seems that flying over isn't so great an option. With 2 young kids, I'm not sure I can spare the extra travel day, the risk of quarantine, and the chance of flights getting bumped.

So instead, I'm off to Muskoka!

back to the pathetic beaver thread, it seems like next year's Ironman events in Muskoka and Tremblant are all in limbo due to civic governments....after a pandemic and largely spending almost no money on anything but Amazon prime and my inflated ST subscription, I just want to give Messick my money for some local event that I can drive to, but the stupid mayors seems to be getting in the way.

I may just have to drive to IMLP now that the border opens, but kinda eyeing 70.3 Dubai in Feb (clearly I can't drive to that but have some work related interests there) or 70.3 Hawaii
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, woe is us. The sad beaver (Canadian) thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I seriously hope that Tremblant 70.3 gets off the ground. I even have the accommodations booked!

I still have IM Maryland as a deferral, plus sitting on a BQ pre-pandemic - so a 70.3 late June would be perfect to round out the calendar!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
I seriously hope that Tremblant 70.3 gets off the ground. I even have the accommodations booked!

I still have IM Maryland as a deferral, plus sitting on a BQ pre-pandemic - so a 70.3 late June would be perfect to round out the calendar!

I booked a hotel for Tremblant 140.6 traditional weekend, but would be happy to do 70.3 in June too and go back to Muskoka to get revenge on the run course (or maybe I am hallucinating since i will be one year older in 55-59, which usually means you suck more and more). I think I just need the 8km swim-90km bike-5 km run half IM, which would roughly take me the same time at 1.9/90/21.1 (and I can probably finish top 20 rather than waaaaay off the back since my 8km swim pace and 2 km swim pace is almost identical)
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, woe is us. The sad beaver (Canadian) thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the new Ontario staycation tax credit, I really wish Muskoka would put on a full IM again next year. You have to figure there is quite a bit of pent up demand. And if they can announce it before Tremblant, i bet alot of people would switch.

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-announces-plan-for-staycation-tax-credit-and-here-s-how-it-works-1.5652600

AJ

-------------------------------------------------------
IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
timbasile wrote:
After thinking it over, it seems that flying over isn't so great an option. With 2 young kids, I'm not sure I can spare the extra travel day, the risk of quarantine, and the chance of flights getting bumped.

back to the pathetic beaver thread, it seems like next year's Ironman events in Muskoka and Tremblant are all in limbo due to civic governments....after a pandemic and largely spending almost no money on anything but Amazon prime and my inflated ST subscription, I just want to give Messick my money for some local event that I can drive to, but the stupid mayors seems to be getting in the way.

I may just have to drive to IMLP now that the border opens, but kinda eyeing 70.3 Dubai in Feb (clearly I can't drive to that but have some work related interests there) or 70.3 Hawaii

Hopefully you've already registered, as I believe it sold out as of last week..
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, woe is us. The sad beaver (Canadian) thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
timbasile wrote:

Hopefully you've already registered, as I believe it sold out as of last week..

This is what I get for waiting on the sad beaver races to open
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pony up and get a charity slot! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, woe is us. The sad beaver (Canadian) thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On that note, does anyone know when Eagleman typically sells out?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping that our local 4 race tri-series (Dynamic Race Events) is back at it for 2022. Things have been very quiet.

On a brighter note, I FINALLY did a real race. 10 K trail race last weekend.

Blew off the rust with a 4th/134.

Those Newton running shoes are fast, but my calves are toast..../

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, woe is us. The sad beaver (Canadian) thread [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hydrosloth wrote:
I'm hoping that our local 4 race tri-series (Dynamic Race Events) is back at it for 2022. Things have been very quiet.

Sent a query about Oliver last week. Have not received a response.
Here's hoping they've not decided to pack it in.
Oliver always got strong registration numbers.
Quote Reply

Prev Next