Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any other great options for 2 piece tri outfit?
Quote | Reply
I like desoto and have a lot of their stuff. But their tops only have 3 options. Black, or 2 white. Plus, stock always seems to be an issue.

Kiwami seems to have some options, but stock is an issue.

I don't want a onesie. I want a 2 piece. What have you found that doesn't break the bank and works for you?

Likely looking sleeveless unless you can assure me that the sleeved options are comfortable.
Quote Reply
Re: Any other great options for 2 piece tri outfit? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, you got it nailed with desoto (IMHO).

I have swapped to the 1 piece Forza sleeved, and found that really comfy, but still with all the pockets I need. The fly also gets around the one piece 'issue'.
Quote Reply
Re: Any other great options for 2 piece tri outfit? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty happy with my SLS3 two piece. Sleeveless. And if you're patient, and get on their e-mail list or friend them on FB, they have some outrageous year end sales. The outfit I've been wearing for the last 2 years, was a sellout for $30 for each piece. So I have a couple colors. They just sold out last years one piece trisuits for $68 a piece. I also use their aero wannabe helmet, which was $70'ish a couple years ago, super light, and works great.. I don't see the fast guys wearing their stuff, but for us MOP age groupers on a budget, that don't mind saving $,$$$, and running a few seconds slower, while still looking pretty good... they are really good.

Athlinks / Strava
Last edited by: Dean T: Apr 6, 21 14:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a fan of using the UnderArmor Heatgear sleeveless as a tri top. It's thin, cooling, doesn't have that "stuck to your abs" feeling, UPF50+; and has the bonuses of being inexpensive and readily available. I've had lots of tri tops, and this beats them all.

https://www.amazon.com/...ession/dp/B086DLVTDJ

I pair it with my tri shorts of choice (De Soto Riviera or Castelli Free) and viola, perfect race suit. Tucked into the shorts for the bike (for aero) and pulled out for the run (for unrestricted movement).

Most of my swims are wetsuit legal, so I wear an aero top over the sleeveless (under the wetsuit) and ditch it in T2. I find sleeves too warm for the run.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Any other great options for 2 piece tri outfit? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've actually done this for years in the past with a nike tank. I was likely going to go back to it (repurchase a new one via ebay) but was hoping for something with pockets and a zipper.

If I can't find what I want, it will be the move I make. Thanks though!
Quote Reply
Re: Any other great options for 2 piece tri outfit? [Dean T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Never heard of them before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never missed the zipper with the UA top due to the thinness, though a slightly lower neck would be nice (actually used a women's long sleeve version for a cooler race once which had a scoop neck). A rear pocket would be nice, but I just use the ones in the shorts. TBH, the gel flask I use for the run would probably bounce too much in any stretch top, but stays put the tighter shorts' pockets.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zoot has a "two piece" suit that's attached in the back. you can unzip the tri-top portion all the way down and it's easy to put on and take off. i just got one and will try it out this weekend, when i ride long with a bud. will update how it feels.
Quote Reply