Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Big Kahuna check in - near 100 day mark
Quote | Reply
Today is day 95, and the slowtwitch strava sync function does up to 100 days. So if you dont want to enter workouts manually sync up ASAP. Was really hoping IC would somehow join
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna check in - near 100 day mark [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
paging Herbert !!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna check in - near 100 day mark [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
day 99. tomorrow 100.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
now another bump check as we have almost 100 days left

I hit the big kahuna title, but bow out as "anakinpm" has a commanding lead and I dont have volume of former years to catch him (it helps to be fast too, like he is). Bowing out, as days are getting darker so going to tone it down and focus more on speed. Im giving you folks a chance to catch up!

But a serious thank you to ST for having this challenge, a secondary goal to keep me in the tri game.
Last edited by: synthetic: Sep 16, 21 15:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like I just passed 16000 pts. I had not followed how many I had. I just logged whatever I was doing. Next few months will be swim focused. Then I will get going a bit more with running on 100/100. I am roughly ready to park the bike for the year besides some bike commutes and weekend rides, hopefully get into swim+XC ski + run through winter and get back on the bike in earnest in April unless I do something foolish like sign up for IM St. George in May
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
I hit the big kahuna title, but bow out as "anakinpm" has a commanding lead and I dont have volume of former years to catch him (it helps to be fast too, like he is). Bowing out, as days are getting darker so going to tone it down and focus more on speed. Im giving you folks a chance to catch up!
But a serious thank you to ST for having this challenge, a secondary goal to keep me in the tri game.

Syn - Your hours are seriously impressive: 4:13/day avg over 259 days!!! I feel I've spent a lot of time training this yr but am only avging 2:43/day so far, with hope of pulling that up to 3:00/day by year's end. But there are some days I just find it really hard to drag myself through the water and over the road. Your avging over 4 hrs/day is seriously impressive!!!

BTW, have you noticed that the "day number" on the Kahuna page is almost always 1 day ahead, e.g. right now it says today is Day 260 whereas actually it is 259. I'm kind of amazed the computer jocks at ST have never noticed this. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

Congratulations on your Big Kahuna!!

My volume will decrease too since I'm back to the office. During the first half of the year, I was remote working so I could squeeze in additional workouts and swim longer, which added a lot of points.

It's a shame that there are no points for elevation because the last few weeks I've been climbing a lot. I already hit my riding total ascent goal (120k meters, something like 400k ft) and hope to get to 50k m in running (160k ft). Apart from that, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get injured and can get to 3,000km of running (1,800 miles). Last December I had to stop running at 2,920 km due to a foot injury
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna check in - near 100 day mark [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
synthetic wrote:

Syn - Your hours are seriously impressive: 4:13/day avg over 259 days!!! I feel I've spent a lot of time training this yr but am only avging 2:43/day so far, with hope of pulling that up to 3:00/day by year's end. But there are some days I just find it really hard to drag myself through the water and over the road. Your avging over 4 hrs/day is seriously impressive!!!

BTW, have you noticed that the "day number" on the Kahuna page is almost always 1 day ahead, e.g. right now it says today is Day 260 whereas actually it is 259. I'm kind of amazed the computer jocks at ST have never noticed this. :)

Helps my line of work is doing delivery by bike, high hours cause of starting and stopping constantly
Quote Reply