Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CBD as a sleep aid
Quote | Reply
Most of the posts on the topic here seem to debate the science and method wrt to recovery/training effect. I'm curious if people have experience with any kind of CBD products to help with sleep in particular. "Full spectrum" tincture (not a particular product, just a tincture that contains THC) helps me with relaxing/sleeping, and I'd like to see if there's a pared down version out there. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: CBD as a sleep aid [friskyDingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I often have periods of poor sleep and I've tried a few CBD products. Only ever isolate though as I'm subject to testing with Ironman/wada. I can't say I've noticed huge differences but there are definitely nights when I sleep better after taking some. I was chatting with the guy who designs and makes the products I'm currently using (local to me in Colorado Springs) and he said they're about to release a sleep specific tincture. I forget the specifics of it, but he said basically all the research suggests that a full spectrum is necessary for maximum benefits. Might be worth checking out when they release it though!

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's the wild, wild west when it comes to this product. Find a company you trust. There could be anything in it.
N=1
I tried 25mg of CBD with no more than .3% of THC. No noticeable impact on sleep or pain management.

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is what I use. https://shellshockcbd.com/product/rack-out-cbd-gummies/

It is amazing. I sleep so much better since I started using them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My N=1 is yes, it absolutely helps me sleep, I've been using a full-spectrum with <.3% THC. I've tried a couple of brands without an appreciable difference but I plan to continue experimenting.

I like it and I plan to continue using it. YMMV.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use cbdMD Sleep Aid. It has 17.5mg of cad, with 5mg of melatonin. The biggest game changer for me is that I wake up refreshed. I am not thinking to myself "did I even sleep". I don't use it everyday, but when my body is restless and I know I have not been sleeping great. It says take 1hr before bed, I take at about 90min before, because I am never going to bed when I plan lol

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CBD helps but a sleep formulation with higher % of THC:CBD works far better. I'm a terrible sleeper and a 1/3 dose of a cannabis tincture has made all the difference. And to anyone who raises a USADA flag, I could care less about that. The health benefits of proper sleep are far more important to me.
Quote Reply
Re: CBD as a sleep aid [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
I use cbdMD Sleep Aid. It has 17.5mg of cad, with 5mg of melatonin. The biggest game changer for me is that I wake up refreshed. I am not thinking to myself "did I even sleep". I don't use it everyday, but when my body is restless and I know I have not been sleeping great. It says take 1hr before bed, I take at about 90min before, because I am never going to bed when I plan lol

Based on my own experience with both, I'd guess its mainly the melatonin in there that is giving you the sleep. Have you ever tried just melatonin alone? It can be bought dirt cheap on amazon or any pharmacy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've seen very few people with mild-to-moderate sleep problems who don't respond positively to properly dosed CBD (and the other cannabinoid variants).

And by very few, I mean none so far.

It turned my wife from a non-sleeping bitch-ball into a human being. My life changed.

That's when I built a lab and started formulating.

There are a few good CBD companies out there, and a ton of crap.
Our stuff is OCD formulated (by me) & 3rd party tested.
If you want to try it, there's a 100% money-back guarantee, and if you use code FOB20, you get 20% off.

If you have any questions, fire away.

-bobo

http://www.dura-vida.com

"What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak-minded."
Quote Reply
Re: CBD as a sleep aid [bobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you - and everyone else!

Appreciate it. Will start trying some of these out. I’be been in this weird pattern of x nights of poor or near zero sleep followed by y nights of 8-11hr slumber which is I guess my body trying to make up for the horrible sleep before that. And then it repeats itself. I don’t want to be taking anything every day, but definitely could use some aid to try and get back to normal sleep pattern.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been using Cbd to help w sleep for a couple years w good results. Besides overall better sleep, the most dramatic thing I noticed was increased dream activity. I don’t know exactly how that translates to sleep quality, but it was a really noticeable change.
Quote Reply
Re: CBD as a sleep aid [bluto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know, thank you. Would you mind sharing a product that you use and roughly how you use it?

I feel like there are about 3 categories on usage:
1. ~ every night
2. only when you feel like you need it (very subjective; after about 10 IM races I realized I can never sleep after, so now I usually take something the night after the race)
3. during the actual night if you've already tried falling asleep for a while (perhaps too late to get the full effect, but might still be a good idea if it's between 4-5hrs of sleep and nothing)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
friskyDingo wrote:
Good to know, thank you. Would you mind sharing a product that you use and roughly how you use it?

I feel like there are about 3 categories on usage:
1. ~ every night
2. only when you feel like you need it (very subjective; after about 10 IM races I realized I can never sleep after, so now I usually take something the night after the race)
3. during the actual night if you've already tried falling asleep for a while (perhaps too late to get the full effect, but might still be a good idea if it's between 4-5hrs of sleep and nothing)

I use floyds of leadville full spectrum tincture every night about an hour before bed. It doesn't knock me out if I'm not tired, but sleep quality seems better/deeper. If I've pounded a bunch of caffeine late on a race day, nothing is going to wind me down except time. I don't see it as an answer to insomnia, more about increasing quality. I guess It's all related and it probably helps me get to sleep a little faster, but that's not the big benefit for me.
Quote Reply
Re: CBD as a sleep aid [USATRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What dosage should i try on the CBDmd gummies?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey there. Check this list out.

I'm currently taking Purehemp CBD (one of the products listed above) and I can now enjoy a good night rest unlike before. Plus, it has no THC content so I don't experience any dizziness or hallucinations while using it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bobo wrote:
I've seen very few people with mild-to-moderate sleep problems who don't respond positively to properly dosed CBD (and the other cannabinoid variants).

And by very few, I mean none so far.

It turned my wife from a non-sleeping bitch-ball into a human being. My life changed.

That's when I built a lab and started formulating.

There are a few good CBD companies out there, and a ton of crap.
Our stuff is OCD formulated (by me) & 3rd party tested.
If you want to try it, there's a 100% money-back guarantee, and if you use code FOB20, you get 20% off.

If you have any questions, fire away.

-bobo

http://www.dura-vida.com

Hey bobo
What is the difference between the full and broad spectrum formula? And is one have better results than the other?

Thanks
Mike
Quote Reply
Re: CBD as a sleep aid [heliix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Identical except Broad Spectrum has all TCH removed by HPLC. If you are at risk of being drug tested, there's a (slight) chance Full Spectrum's THC could light up a positive.

Full spectrum works better (most likely) as a smidge of THC adds to the "entourage effect", think of it like an orchestra, all the instruments add to the music.

Our R'Awesome is a combo of raw hemp squeezins (high CBDa) plus Full Spectrum. Except for the taste, it's the best of both worlds.
I made it for me, as I still think of my fat self as an athlete.

-bobo

dura-vida.com
Code "FOB20"

"What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak-minded."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I struggle with insomnia now and then. I tried different ways to help myself to fall asleep. I even took sleeping pills untill I read about their sides on the online pharmacy website and started to search for another options. My bff gave me CBD oil once, and I must admit, the effect was great. I don't know if it was full spectrum or not but it worked. What also helps me, it's a sleeping schedule, low temperature and airy room, and avoiding staring my phone or laptop screens before going to bad.
Last edited by: KateMid: Jan 11, 22 3:42
Quote Reply
Re: CBD as a sleep aid [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
CBD helps but a sleep formulation with higher % of THC:CBD works far better. I'm a terrible sleeper and a 1/3 dose of a cannabis tincture has made all the difference. And to anyone who raises a USADA flag, I could care less about that. The health benefits of proper sleep are far more important to me.

Has anyone done the math re. THC content?
THC is only banned "in competition," so the flag level is set relatively high (no pun intended), isn't it?
Quote Reply
Re: CBD as a sleep aid [bluto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluto wrote:
I’ve been using Cbd to help w sleep for a couple years w good results. Besides overall better sleep, the most dramatic thing I noticed was increased dream activity. I don’t know exactly how that translates to sleep quality, but it was a really noticeable change.

I used to not really dream (or least not remember dreaming), but since I started using CBD I get REALLY weird dreams...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you look at all the evidence, you really need the THC component to assist significantly with sleep. But having that THC component can create all sorts of legal issues depending on where you live and the work you do, hence why the non THC versions are often tried in the first instance. For example, where I live and work in Australia, I could be popped on a road side drug test for having THC in my system, and if I had an adverse event at work (I am a doctor) and was drug tested, I would also be popped. Does not matter if I test for benzo's etc, it is the THC which is the legal issue presently down under. It will change here eventually, but unfortunately to be prescribed a THC containing agent you will be informed not to drive etc, just from a liability perspective.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Delta8 gummy’s will definitely help with sleep.
Legal in most states.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bobo wrote:
Identical except Broad Spectrum has all TCH removed by HPLC. If you are at risk of being drug tested, there's a (slight) chance Full Spectrum's THC could light up a positive.

Full spectrum works better (most likely) as a smidge of THC adds to the "entourage effect", think of it like an orchestra, all the instruments add to the music.

Our R'Awesome is a combo of raw hemp squeezins (high CBDa) plus Full Spectrum. Except for the taste, it's the best of both worlds.
I made it for me, as I still think of my fat self as an athlete.

-bobo

dura-vida.com
Code "FOB20"

Your website seems to be offline?

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A good mindfulness program of 5-10 minutes a day will help you sleep better. I’ve found people start sleeping again like they are in their 20s.

Hope this helps,

Tim

http://www.magnoliamasters.com
http://www.snappingtortuga.com
http://www.swimeasyspeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A little interesting how many comments about CBD, with no scientific justification, just N=1. Matthew Walker, author of "Why We Sleep", has conducted many studies concerning sleep, and I highly recommend his book or his podcasts (see Joe Rogan). He talks about studies on melatonin and CBD, and how they may get you to sleep, but impact the quality (i.e. like wine).

While I respect people's subjective experience, I am wondering about the science behind putting a CBD substance in my body and it's efficiacy on the quality of sleep.

FWIW, I did try CBD and had negative rebound effects, great sleep one night, then horrible sleep the next. Now I meditate and vastly improved my sleep hygiene and track my sleep on my Oura, and my sleep/quality has improved. Meditation sends me to bed with a clear(er) mind without a racing mind.
Last edited by: p3: Jan 6, 22 8:49
Quote Reply