Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ITU issues rule against flatulence in wetsuit-legal races due to increased bouyancy.
Quote | Reply

https://www.triathlon.org/about/downloads/category/congress

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
InstagramFacebook
Quote Reply
Re: ITU issues rule against flatulence in wetsuit-legal races due to increased bouyancy. [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well Done!

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: ITU issues rule against flatulence in wetsuit-legal races due to increased bouyancy. [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was only a matter of time.

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last edited by: gmh39: Apr 1, 21 10:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best one I've seen today!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is B.S.

Show me the science on this. Wouldn't buoyancy be the same whether gas contained in my bowels or wetsuit? Unless displacement increases in wetsuit, but I doubt it.

This is as dumb as the supertuck rule.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: ITU issues rule against flatulence in wetsuit-legal races due to increased bouyancy. [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
That is B.S.

Show me the science on this. Wouldn't buoyancy be the same whether gas contained in my bowels or wetsuit? Unless displacement increases in wetsuit, but I doubt it.

Their ruling contains a lengthy scientific study. Farting is faster.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
InstagramFacebook
Quote Reply
Re: ITU issues rule against flatulence in wetsuit-legal races due to increased bouyancy. [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
That is B.S.

You clearly didn’t read the link. Check the date before you get too worked up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As long as I can still capture some air with my tire pump before we swim, I have no objections.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man I wish this was real. If farting made you faster I would win Kona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As someone who farts frequently, I don't think it's fair that they're taking away one of my few advantages.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU issues rule against flatulence in wetsuit-legal races due to increased bouyancy. [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have issued even more ridiculous rules for real in the past.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Safe to say I ain't gonna "Eat Your Bubbles"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm down with that rule so long as we can still pee in our wetsuits.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atoZRAfplec

Another well done April 1 by Trek.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you pee in your wetsuit, can you get disqualified because your are over temperature?
Quote Reply
Re: ITU issues rule against flatulence in wetsuit-legal races due to increased bouyancy. [eblackadder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eblackadder wrote:
H- wrote:
That is B.S.

You silly English Knnnnnigut, I don't need to read the link to know that science is on my side in this matter, any day and everyday. But even if I can't fart in your general direction in ITU races, I can increase my buoyancy by stuffing little pebbles in my suit.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
eblackadder wrote:
H- wrote:
That is B.S.

You silly English Knnnnnigut, I don't need to read the link to know that science is on my side in this matter, any day and everyday. But even if I can't fart in your general direction in ITU races, I can increase my buoyancy by stuffing little pebbles in my suit.

😂😂😬😬

I enjoy the Monte Python references, but since it is no longer April Fool's day, I think I'll just tell you that this was a joke so you can put your pitchfork and torch down now...

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
InstagramFacebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Apr 2, 21 6:24
Quote Reply
Re: ITU issues rule against flatulence in wetsuit-legal races due to increased bouyancy. [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, but I trick the rules.....I wait till I’m on the run. Jet propulsion. I am respectful of my fellow competitors....if you get my “ drift”. It is a family trait.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU issues rule against flatulence in wetsuit-legal races due to increased bouyancy. [gordfromborder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gordfromborder wrote:
I agree, but I trick the rules.....I wait till I’m on the run. Jet propulsion. I am respectful of my fellow competitors....if you get my “ drift”. It is a family trait.
I use it all up on the bike. I usually finish my split without taking a single pedal stroke.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: ITU issues rule against flatulence in wetsuit-legal races due to increased bouyancy. [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
gordfromborder wrote:

I use it all up on the bike. I usually finish my split without taking a single pedal stroke.

We used to have a cartoon hanging in the service area of a shop I worked at, which showed a lone rider way off the front looking back, while the pack was gagging and coughing. The caption was "Jim misunderstood when he was told to go to the front and break the wind"

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The science is there bro, the advantage is well proven in peer reviewed studies. In fact, it's so big that ITU is considering penalising those benefiting from drafting flatulent swimmers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
That is B.S.

Sorry, I think that the ITU should ban wetsuits because of the increased buoyancy. Before the era of wetsuits the key to do cold water swimming was acclimation which everyone in the past century considered a standard thing in their training. Why can't athletes now do so?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Forget the buoyancy, the thrust from a well executed swim fart is like having a motor on the bike, and similarly can discourage drafting... cheating for sure!

This was a well played one, I saw that Phoenix Team ran their Sub 6 Ironman for 2022 with Blummenfelt and Ali Brownlee...
Quote Reply