Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Favero Assioma DUOs Suddenly Erratic?
Quote | Reply
Crowd sourcing here because I'm having a hard time getting a response from Favero customer service. I've used the DUOs for almost 2 years with no issues, but in the past week the power readings have become very erratic. One ride they were reading about 20 watts high, one ride they were all over the place, fluctuating up to 100W from second to second when I was pedaling steady on the trainer, one ride they were reading 15-20 watts low. I dual record for Zwift vs. my Kickr, and they've always been spot on until recently.

Firmware's updated, I've done the zero offset manually. Anyone else have issues like this?
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma DUOs Suddenly Erratic? [adnama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd remove them from the bike. Clean the threads on the pedal, clean the threads/interface on the crank, apply some grease, then reinstall them. (Making sure there's a small air-gap between the crank and the pedal pod). Do a few short sprints getting all stompy on them for a few minutes. Do a manual zero. Then see how things go from there.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you isolate it to one of the pedals? For example, does your pedal balance swing all over the place?
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma DUOs Suddenly Erratic? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good call - looking in Garmin Connect it's definitely the left pedal causing the problem - frequently going to 0. Thanks- that helps to narrow it down.
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma DUOs Suddenly Erratic? [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - love getting a response from the expert! Trying this -- getting "all stompy" is my specialty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My total seat-of-the-pants assessment is that you need to service your pedal bearings. This was the behavior I got on my old P1 pedals when the bearings were shot. (It has not happened with my Assioma pedals yet.) If you have had the Assioma pedals for 2 years, you could have put plenty of miles on them to affect bearing wear & performance. Fortunately, the bearings are owner-serviceable on the Assioma pedals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma DUOs Suddenly Erratic? [Geraldaut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link. I may just order a set proactively for when my pedals eventually need servicing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shipping for Favero's Assioma pedal bearing kit is very high from Italy. (Almost as much as the bearing kit itself.)

Has anyone found a US source with a decent price for the bearing replacement kit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bearings is (probably) from Xpedo, which might be easier to source?

https://xpedo.com/...arts/x3-bearing-kit/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks -- did just this. Replaced the bearings and actually the pedal body, cleaned everything up, reinstalled, did a ride with a few sprints, and ran a few manual zero offsets through the app as opposed to my Garmin. It seems to have been resolved and is back to reading spot on vs. my Kickr. Thanks for the help, all!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, that was quick. You got bearings and a pedal body in a day? I still haven’t ordered for a toro active service because I haven’t found a US source that is not crazy expensive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually had purchased the pedal body replacement kit a while back as a precaution bc I was having some visible rusting from riding the bike outside on a balcony too much. But Power Meter City shipped them quickly: https://powermetercity.com/...lacement-pedal-body/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip - Just ordered these $55 shipped.
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma DUOs Suddenly Erratic? [Geraldaut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone able to source a Canadian distributor for this? Much as to the US, shipping to Canada costs almost the same as the product itself. I'll take a US vendor who ships to Canada, since it's likely to be cheaper.

The US link in this thread doesn't ship to Canada.
Quote Reply