Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oceanside 70.3 replacement race recap. 1st place OA was female
Quote | Reply
Fiesta Island, San Diego, CA... Some 420-430 guys were there, but they had issues. One dropped out from being too cold on the bike, the other took a long time in transition. The water was warm, but air temp at start 52*, end of day would hit 80*. So you never know what can happen in tri, the winner was a female who came from LA with a 4:39. 2 min away from course record, which should be easy to break.

Here is interview:

https://www.facebook.com/...s/10109672244456453/

I promised overall winner free Adamo ISM seat, and we gave a brand new single piece race kit and hoodie for taking the win.

Last edited by: synthetic: Mar 29, 21 8:35
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 replacement race recap. 1st place OA was female [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i find it notable that you got 400+ people out for basically a multisport rave. as long the cops didn't get pissed off i think that's a pretty positive thing, and very cool that 400 people got a chance to do something multisporty, as a group. i've been pretty covid-attentive over the past year. sometimes stridently so. however, i think we're very close to opening up. as in, by may 15 of thereabouts. i think most adults who want a vaccine will have gotten at least 1 shot by may 15, and by "most" i don't mean everyone, rather i think vaccines will be hunting arms rather than arms hunting vaccines. so, while i think "regular" triathlons should be able to take place by june (if we're simply led by public health), i like the idea that what you did is a thing that could be done into the future, even once we're back to normal.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 replacement race recap. 1st place OA was female [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i find it notable that you got 400+ people out for basically a multisport rave. as long the cops didn't get pissed off i think that's a pretty positive thing, and very cool that 400 people got a chance to do something multisporty, as a group. i've been pretty covid-attentive over the past year. sometimes stridently so. however, i think we're very close to opening up. as in, by may 15 of thereabouts. i think most adults who want a vaccine will have gotten at least 1 shot by may 15, and by "most" i don't mean everyone, rather i think vaccines will be hunting arms rather than arms hunting vaccines. so, while i think "regular" triathlons should be able to take place by june (if we're simply led by public health), i like the idea that what you did is a thing that could be done into the future, even once we're back to normal.

"Some 420-430 guys were there"

I think he meant 4:20 to 4:30 HIM times (on a good day)....LoL
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 replacement race recap. 1st place OA was female [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Slowman wrote:

oh. okay. my bad ;-(

obviously i thought it was the number of folks showing up, which to me sounded pretty impressive! that was quite a turnout! or would have been.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 replacement race recap. 1st place OA was female [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
windschatten wrote:
Slowman wrote:

oh. okay. my bad ;-(

obviously i thought it was the number of folks showing up, which to me sounded pretty impressive! that was quite a turnout! or would have been.

probably with 420/430 athletes, he would have not been here telling the "nice" story :-) they would have been stopped very early on
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
windschatten wrote:
Slowman wrote:

oh. okay. my bad ;-(

Yes my bad. I worked hard to recruit sub elite level people. Turn out was over 50 people. Yes as you say dan, hopefully this continues after normal, more so the idea of free practice races. The world of permitting and insurance tends to ruin the fun of how the sport started out. Even had race directors come out. This gives me lead to post this vid from bib babbit who gave it to me when chatting after he finished the bike (he wasn't part of the event, just training on his own)... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny98-KOEEwI
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 replacement race recap. 1st place OA was female [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was she wearing Alphaflys?

;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude "420" is also slang for something else.
I think weed is legal in California.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 replacement race recap. 1st place OA was female [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Was she wearing Alphaflys?

;-)

nope! 2nd and 3rd wore next %
Quote Reply