Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Vivoactive 3 VS Galaxy Watch Active
Quote | Reply
Hello !

I'm looking for a sport watch in order to track my activity (pool swimming and running). I just need to know the swimming distance, swim pace (same for running: pace and kilometres)

Budget: 150 - 200 $

After a quick selection I like the Garmin Vivoactive 3 and the Galaxy Watch Active (good reviews)

Do you think they will do? Or do you know another watch that would be better?

Thanks anyway!

Bye
Last edited by: daniel18: Mar 28, 21 14:56
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vivoactive 3 VS Galaxy Watch Active [daniel18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the Vivoactive (1st gen) for years before upgrading to a Fenix5. Worked great for what you are looking to do with it. Only switched because the Vivoactives don't work with power meters (Garmin's way of differentiating products, not a limitation of the watch hardware...grrr).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear a Vivoactive 3 now and had one of the earlier generation Samsung smart watches. The Vivoactive is much sleeker and more comfortable to wear, though perhaps the newer Galaxy watches are less bulky than what I had. I find the Vivoactive to have all of what I need for running, hiking, and alpine skiing tracking, and excellent battery life. I am not familiar with the swimming functions. Seems like the Vivoactive is overshadowed by the Forerunners and the Fenix series, but it is perfect for me. I recently replaced my Vivoactive 3 with a new Vivoactive 3 with Music and Verizon text capability. I found an online store that had brand new old stock for $130.00.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping this thread as im on the brink of getting a Samsung active watch, basically need it predominantly for monitoring swimming, running and cycling linking on to strava.

Im sure their is better out there but I can pay monthly for this watch which is the attraction, does anyone want to put me off?
Quote Reply