Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Guru Crono Headset bearing help
Quote | Reply
Trying to help out a friend and replace the headset bearing from his original Guru Crono (not the 901). The sealed bearing was is such bad shape that I pulled out loose bearings sitting only in the retaining cage. Appears as though the outside race may also be fused to the cups. Assuming I can get the races out, can anyone help me on the bearings or headset kit that go in the original Guru Crono? Probably from the early 2000's. Thanks.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Re: Guru Crono Headset bearing help [ironmanatee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can’t help you with the bearings question but I’d love to see a picture of the bike. Guru had the best paint jobs ever. I resurrected mine from trainer duty and rebuilt it as a crit machine. New group set, drop bars, “new” old wheels. It’s actually bloody quick.

I’ll try and attach a picture of mine but in all these years have never successfully done so.
Last edited by: Dolfan: Mar 28, 21 14:35
Quote Reply
Re: Guru Crono Headset bearing help [Dolfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks like an aluminum frame. The one I’m
Working on is carbon with an aero post not round. But definitely pre 901. I was actually the original owner of the bike and sold it to my friend after a warranty claim and repaint. Pretty simple black and white.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Re: Guru Crono Headset bearing help [ironmanatee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, yeah, mine is 1999-2000, aluminum.
Quote Reply