Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: P3 -> Di2 upgrade ? [OV105mover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OV105mover wrote:
Here you go.... 2016 Di2 specs. Note that it came with the external battery and did not include the wireless unit. I have the internal battery in the seatpost and wireless unit in the down tube. Also needed longer wires to connect to the brake levers.

“specs from our current (2016) P3 Di2 which has the new synchro specific shifters on both the extensions and the basebars.

1x FD-R8050 (Front Derailleur)
1x RD-R8050 (Rear Derailleur)
1x Pair ST-R8060 (Basebar Shift/Brake Lever)
1x Pair SW-R9160 (Extension Shift Switches)
1x SM-EW90-B (5 port A Junction)
1x SM-JC41 (B Junction)
2x EW-SD50-I 250mm (Wires)
3x EW-SD50-I 600mm (Wires)
2x EW-SD50-I 300mm (Wires)
1x EW-SD50-I 1000mm (Wires)
1x BM-DN100-S (External Battery Mount Short)
1x SM-BTR1 (External Battery)
1x SM-BCR1 (External Battery Charger)
1x SM-BCC1-2 (External Battery Charger Cable USA plug)

It's possible to substitute the internal battery (BT-DN110) and charger (SM-BCR2) but the frame isn't specifically designed for it. You can install it in the Seatube wrapped in foam to prevent it from moving around.

You could also substitute the older ST 6871 brake/shift lever and SW-R671 Shift switches if you want to be able to shift in conventional mode as well.

For installation there is no need to remove the crank since the BB sleeve is closed. You can route the wires using the opening under the BB. “

Your list is perfect. Not clear on where the various wire lengths will go. And if I want to include the wireless unit, I just put it inline somewhere?
Quote Reply
Re: P3 -> Di2 upgrade ? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:

If you want to keep everything internal, you might not have to drill any holes.

So what do you recommend? Purchase a few junction boxes and see where they fit? My base bar doesn't look like it's got much room, but maybe once I see the actual box, THEN I can decide where to put it?
It all seems to start with were I put the port that I'll plug in to for charging. If the bar end plug one actually fits my extensions, then I drill out the side of the extension, and hide a few 4-port junctions. I just mic'd the extension and it's 0.75" ID. Will an EW-RS910 fit in that? If so, I've got some ideas....
Quote Reply
Re: P3 -> Di2 upgrade ? [mpderksen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mpderksen wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:

So what do you recommend? Purchase a few junction boxes and see where they fit? My base bar doesn't look like it's got much room, but maybe once I see the actual box, THEN I can decide where to put it?
It all seems to start with were I put the port that I'll plug in to for charging. If the bar end plug one actually fits my extensions, then I drill out the side of the extension, and hide a few 4-port junctions. I just mic'd the extension and it's 0.75" ID. Will an EW-RS910 fit in that? If so, I've got some ideas....

The SM-JC41 four-port junction is 30.5mm long, 14.5mm wide and has a height of 8mm ;-)

BetterShifting.com - Di2 help and guides| BetterShifting Instagram | Terry's Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: P3 -> Di2 upgrade ? [mpderksen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mpderksen wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:

What is your base bar and extension setup? If it's not already made with internal routing in mind then getting the wires from the bar end shifters into the base bar is the most challenging thing if you want to keep it super clean.

If you go external junction A (5 port) K-edge makes a decent mount that hides under your stem.

Also on the battery in the seat post, leave some slack in the wire so when you have to take the seat post off you're not pulling at that wire.
Quote Reply
Re: P3 -> Di2 upgrade ? [jond81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The first shot is mine. Totally stock 3TT setup, except for some new pads. No way a junction box is going inside that bar. The extensions are 0.75". The second picture is one I found of a stock 2019. That's my fallback option.
My thought is if I can put an SM-JC41 in one of the extensions, then I can feed all 4 of the front wires to where the current shifter cables go, and junction them inside the frame. I'd have to drill a single hole in the side of the extension tube. I'd also need to find a way to go 4 into 1 with something that slips in that top hole.
The alternative is to junction the left side buttons to a smaller box that I put under the base bar, do the same for the right, and only put 2 wires down that port.
(the Garmin mount is only there when I don't use my BTA. It holds a GoPro underneath, and I'm filming the IM CA course next week for my team, Rouvy style).

Quote Reply

Prev Next