Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

XTR vs DuraAce pedal stack
Quote | Reply
This one is for the skilled bike fitters here. If I was to switch between xtr mtn bike pedals and dura ace spd sl road pedals is the difference in pedal stack enough to warrant a Seatpost adjustment up or down? Assuming the cleats are roughly in the same position.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: XTR vs DuraAce pedal stack [titemple652] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What model numbers are the pedals?
Quote Reply
Re: XTR vs DuraAce pedal stack [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both 9100 series. (Latest)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure on the stack height but I put some XTR 9100 pedals on my road bike in place of Ultegra pedals and I felt great pedaling without changing the seat height. I mainly XC MTB and wanted to use the same pedal system for all my bikes. I have my seat height set up the same on my road, gravel, and XC bikes so the training effect is the same for all bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is funny how there isn't much data on this out on the web. A couple sources say XTR has a stack height of 8.1mm (another says 13.7) and a few say Dura Ace is 13.7mm. I would say that 5 mm is enough to change saddle height, but you also have to take shoe stack height into consideration too. In my experience mtn shoes have thicker soles (taller stack height) than road shoes but I am sure there are exceptions.

Rich
Quote Reply
Re: XTR vs DuraAce pedal stack [rrutis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@Rich it is a rough measurement but from the center of the pedal spindle to where the cleat touches the base of my shoe is 15mm on the XTR PD9100 pedals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That checks out. I just measured the total thickness of a 9000 series XTR pedal and the thickness of a cleat at about 15.8 mm.

I also "measured" a DA 9100 pedal and cleat, it's not exact because I eyeballed the the calipers along side of the pedal since it is not symmetric about the axle...including the thickness at the center of the cleat I got 13 mm which is close to the published measurement of 13.7 mm.
Quote Reply